Wahoo Kickr Core Not Reading Power

(Luc Theriault) #146

Mine stopped working mid-ride last Sunday after three months of use. Unfortunately, my lbs didn’t have any units in stock to replace it on the spot. Ironically, the shop owner says he decided to stock the Kickr instead of the Flux because he felt Wahoo was a more reliable brand. He didn’t say how many other units he’d seen, but I already had to bring the unit in previously for the loose screw issue, so the whole batch mine came from may be bad.

I don’t even have the luxury of riding outside since we’re still on the tail end of a very snowy winter.

(Mat) #147

Mine gave up the ghost. It had a nasty knocking noise with vibration that travelled through the bike. It felt like whatever creates the resistance on the flywheel had come loose… maybe?!

My local shop had to send the videos I made to Wahoo and they have approved a replacement. No grabbing a new one from the shop unfortunately, so I have been without for a week. I’m glad it has been resolved fairly quickly without issue, but fear how long the next one will last?!

(Nicholas Sylvestre Williams) #148

My first one was replaced and got a new one back in Jan. That replacement unit has now died.
Won’t be giving it a 3rd try.

FWIW, if anyone considering a Kickr Core, I’d suggest something else. This isn’t a product ready for market.

(Keith) #149

My 4th Kickr Core arrived yesterday. I can only wonder how long this one will last. For those of you that have had issues, do you have a problem with static electricity in your home? Do you have your Kickr on carpet? I’m starting to wonder if something isn’t getting fried inside by static electricity.

(Luc Theriault) #150

Mine was on laminate flooring and I was minutes into a ride when it died.

(Jernej) #151

Thank you Stefan. I am using my KICKR Core send directly from Atlanta with the new Electronic Board for 2 weeks now. This new KICKR is even quieter than the old ones. Everything works fine for now. I hope this problem is fixed with the new Electronic Board. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like
(William) #152

Glad to hear they are responsive. I’m on my second kickr now, first issue was a clicking noise that was too loud to be anything mechanically good, then after replacement I’ve gone for a ride today and the power/speed will not register, even after the blue tooth is connected and I can feel resistance when pedaling.

(Tim) #153

2nd Kickr working great for a month.