Wahoo climb challenge

The Wahoo Climb Mission is not showing up on my Ride screen. Is anyone else having this issue?

@Andrea_Gosselin: Did you update Zwift to the latest version?

I have “forced” an update and that fixed the problem - Thanks!!

3 Likes

Agreed. Alp de Zwift is not necessary for accumulating elevation. I picked up 2000 feet in a little over an hour in London with repeats on Keith hill, riding up and over and making U-turns at the base on each side. The same could be done on the Epic KOM, or volcano climb, or anywhere you can find a decent grade.

1 Like

You can always do this.

https://www.strava.com/activities/577434398

5 Likes

Hardcore!

Indoor Everesting :crazy_face:

I am on level 13 but last night I did not get the prompt for the challenge and it was not available with the other challenges. I am using the IOS app. Any suggestions?

Did you apply the update that rolled out on Monday?

@Dave_Loomans: this challenge is not on with the others it is on the front page where you select your route, workout ect.

Not a “Challenge”. It’s a “Mission”.

Make sure you have the latest app update.

Lastly, it will appear on the the route selection screen:

mission

4 Likes

The mission description clearly says

“Join us for the Wahoo Climb Mission between December 1st and December 23rd! …”
=> anyway, my elevation gain on December 1st en 2nd, are not included in the current balance. I hope that SOMEONE FROM ZWIFT, will read this.

Can not post a screen shot myself, but you can read it here:

1 Like

aaa … there it is. December 3rd. So the Mission screen is not correct.

Yes, it looks like the in-game Mission box is incorrect. It does (did?) state December 1st:

But the Ts&Cs I linked to before clearly state it’s December 3rd.

I guess it’s something that changed somewhere along the line, but I’d say the Ts&Cs always trump anything else.

What about downhill part? In terms of constant effort, Alpe du zwift is harder, almost no flat parts, only short ones on hairpins. So if you are prepare to real big mountains its better to ride Alpe du zwift i guess.
And don’t forget about altitude adaptation))

Wow… incredible effort !

This is just about metres of elevation for the Wahoo mission. =) Yeah, if you’re training to ride the real Alpe d’Huez then riding up the Zwift version would be better overall training.

Altitude adaptation doesn’t really come into it. Alpe d’Huez isn’t that high. Not in my experience anyway, although admittedly I’ve only ridden it twice, and neither time was full gas.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. It turned out that I needed to update the IOS Zwift application from the App. Store. Once I did that everything worked. I got a great assist from Zwift support. Now I need to make up the 2,200 feet of climbing I missed.

1 Like

I also climbed yesterday Dec 5 on AppleTV and my mission progress bar remained at 0. :woozy_face:

Yesterday I did the Pretzel (Medio Fondo) and due to login problems I was just able to join the event about 90 secs for the start and ofcourse due to that I forget to accept the Mission. Result => Climbing meters are not counted. Since I just realized I forgot I enrolled and saw no hms added.

My opinion is that it is a real shame that any effort just prior to enrolling the mission is not counted for. Sometimes just for a reason people forget to enroll for a mission.

2 Likes