Velotron and Zwift - can it work?

Hi. I have Computrainers and they work great with Zwift. Probably not as well as the new smart trainers but OK. I also have a Velotron with a Dyna-Fit frame. I would love to use it with Zwift but was told it was a “closed system” and could not connect. Seemed strange as it uses almost the same software as the CT which connects easily. so my questions is: HAS ANYONE FOUND A WAY TO CONNECT A VELOTRON TO ZWIFT. I would love to find out how as the feel and accuracy of the Velotron is much superior to the CT and probably much closer to a new smart trainer. HELP!!!

Thanks. I am in the same boat as you with a Velotron. Please do update if you succeed to connect Velotron to Zwift. I am planning to try connect Velotron like a Computrainer and see if this will work. Cheers.
Konya.

Konya, did you ever try to connect the Velotron? Did you have any success? Thanks
Lance

Jim, did you ever get your Velotron connected to Zwift?
Thanks, Lance

Hi Lance,

No. I did not try but still keeping this option open. Any luck for you?

Konya

Jim, any luck with connecting the Velotron?

Konya, no luck yet, but haven’t tried again recently.

You might try: qdomyos-zwift Guide - Roberto Viola

The short of it: Zwift doesn’t (and likely won’t ever) support non-standard data-types. I assume Veloton doesn’t adhere to standard Bluetooth or ANT+ protocols so you’d have to use some type of bridging app, like the one I linked above.

The author, Roberto Viola, is active on this forum.