Vatternrundan Results Wonky (Also other Rides)

I did the Vatternrundan ride today at 7:30am PDT and many of the riders (including myself) have strange times for our results.There are a number of riders (257 at the moment) who have ‘normal’ times, like 2:01:33 @ +5’47", and then there are a large number of other riders with results like 4058565, +4058565. I know I’d like to know where I fit into the mix, and I’m guessing that a lot of other folks would, also, so I’m wondering if this can be corrected.

This seem like a Zwift Power question, I would suggest asking on there forum. they are very helpful and responsive.

Why a Zwift Power question? These are the results I am seeing in the Zwift Companion app. Aren’t these figured by Zwift, completely independent from Zwift Power?

1 Like

The absurd results were displayed on screen in the Zwift main app software at the end of the ride.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Who look at the results on Zwift? :rofl::rofl::laughing:

I assumed you referred to the results on ZP because I have seen it happen on ZP.
but what you have described is definitely a Zwift issue.

If you have a screen shot please add it to your post to steer Zwift in the right direction.

Some absurd results filtered through to ZwiftPower as well. I see 7 riders with completion times of 596:31:23. If it took them 3+ weeks to complete the ride that started yesterday, they’re not through yet.

Ha! Maybe it’s just me who looks at results in Zwift. I don’t use ZP at all because, well, I don’t want/need another app to deal with. But here’s a shot of what I see in the Companion app (now with more finishers showing ‘normal’ times.

1 Like

From a ride yesterday via the Companion App – but the absurd results also showed on the main screen in game:

I see that these results are from a different ‘edition’ of the Vatternrundan. Perhaps it is some sort of special Swedish timekeeping system. :laughing:

I have seen a few instances where the time was not displayed in hh:mm:ss, but instead in raw seconds. However, those numbers are ridiculously large. Assuming seconds, 4058565 is over a 1000hrs. Something is borked!

I didn’t pass a finish line, after the supposed finish the distance was just increasing again. I ended at 84km, no jersey… :frowning:

After thinking about this for a bit (and getting a response from Zwift support that they would not be doing anything to try to correct the results) I am wondering this: I was logged in to the ride, and in the pens, but was late starting to pedal as I was still filling a bottle. I was then ‘pitched’ into the group about 1/10th of a mile down the road. I also saw the participant count continue to climb for some amount of time.

Is it possible that there is still something not working correctly with the ‘late join’ feature? Even though, technically, I did not join late, I just wasn’t pedaling when the counter hit zero (I also saw others just sitting there) and then got the ‘finding riders’ message and was tossed into the already moving group, instead of having to catch up as I would have expected.

I also think it’s related to late join. I noticed it on the day they released the late join bug fix. ZwiftPower showed that in a group ride I (and a bunch of others) rode for 596:31:23. Converting 596:31:23 into seconds yields 2147483 which is something like the max value of a 32 bit integer so there’s probably a bug somewhere.

1 Like

A 32-bit register can store 2^32 different values. The range of integer values that can be stored in 32 bits depends on the integer representation used. With the two most common representations, the range is 0 through 4,294,967,295 (2^32 − 1) for representation as an (unsigned) binary number, and −2,147,483,648 (−2^31) through 2,147,483,647 (^231 − 1) for representation as two’s complement.”

I’ve seen the same yesterday.

Care to share Zwift support response?

It was not only the Vatternrundan Results. I guess it is a all over the place.

I thought late join had been disabled or has it now been reinstated?

That’s another indicator that Zwift has something generating times of 2^31 seconds for those riders.