Urukazi Map Release [2022]

This one perhaps?

Nope, but good Easter Egg nonetheless!

The one I spotted was shiny, light purple/indigo, and “popped” straight out of the water of the tidepool before disappearing. It was a long distance away and I might be misrepresenting but it seemed more “water dragon” like.

On the other hand, both these specific examples appear in Urukazi. Stage 3 of race Makuri , Turf N Surf has a punchy climb right at the end up to a flat rather than a descent so a break can actually form and stay away from the peloton (which wouldn’t be possible if there was a descent after). I used this myself to get a 2-man break off the front of a B field and we made it to the line. Stage 4, Fine and Sandy, has the same climb twice per a lap, but spaced so that if you do a 2 lap race you hit the climb twice in rapid succession.

I personally think both these routes are very good race courses and are now in my list of favorites, since they offer good incentives for tactical moves that have a chance of being rewarded and not just creating an attritional race.

2 Likes

This one, CJ?

2 Likes

Hey! That’s very likely the one!

I say “likely” because it is in the same spot (ocean-side tide pool) and it looks like the same colour. I didn’t get a close enough look to confirm shape but I think yours is probably it. :slight_smile:

1 Like