Updates

(Scott Hickey) #1

How about having a specific day for updates, Like a update Tuesday? 

Getting ready to ride, and waiting around an hour for an update to download is getting really old, thanks 

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #2

We generally update every two weeks depending on:

• whether or not it actually works

• whether or not there is a fix that needs to go out to fix crashes

• whether or not new features are ready to go

A regular, consistent update schedule would be awesome! But it’s not always in the cards, unfortunately.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused but it’s better to get a crash fix out ASAP rather than let certain people be unable to use Zwift at all :slight_smile:

(Michael Henasey) #3

don’t forget the Windows client has a background app (check your system tray) that will auto-update.

so keep your Zwift computer always running!

(Stuart Davis) #4

An hour to download the update doesn’t sound right. Mine updated in about 10 seconds - but even a slow connection should be just a few minutes I would have thought.

(Chris Koltz) #5

I’m having the same problem with long update times when it’s time to ride. This really will be a deal breaker if zwift continues to operate this way as a fee-based service.

(Michael Henasey) #6

Took me several hours to get update. Opened a ticket this morning. No response yet.

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #7

I would seriously reset or power-cycle (unplug, wait 20 seconds, re-plug) your modem and/or router. The update is less than a gig and we use Amazon Web Services to host the updates.

That being said, we have been experiencing extremely high demand since launch on the support side so it’s taking us longer to work our way through tickets. Your continued patience is appreciated.

It is, also, a holiday weekend here so we’re all working from home at the moment :slight_smile:

(Michael Henasey) #8

bouncing the router did nothing for me. i’m getting the update at <50 kB/sec

would anything from here help to confirm the issue?

https://cloudharmony.com/speedtest-for-aws

as a test, I went to MSDN and downloaded an ISO. I was getting 7.2 MB/sec so a 4 GB ISO took < 8 mins.

(Y ohans) #9

Just did the update now to a Macbook Pro. It took just under 2 minutes Started at 2MB/sec and then progressively slowed to 1.0 MB/sec. This is in Australia where we have notoriously slow internet. 

(Tim O'Donnell) #10

Zwift team, I’m also having serious issues each time I start Zwift, it stays on the update and nothing happens. it has done this since 9am this morning and it’s now 7.45pm. needless to say my Zwift session hasn’t happened and I have had the same issue since i downloaded last week and i couldn’t start my free trial… i tried to unistall and reinstall but same issue. please help.

Tim

(B rad Duncan) #11

I’m also having issues with the updater. Get on to ride, 88 minutes to update. Yes, I have a slow internet connection but this doesn’t seem to only be related to me.

Please also remember that this kind of delay actually does prevent people from riding as an hour and a half delay in starting Zwift after work means no ride for me. How about an “update on exit” option/feature. This would allow me the opportunity to ride (since my Zwift works) and would allow the guys who urgently need to update their opportunity to update immediately. Best of both worlds.