Upcoming Changes to Supported Operating Systems [December 2021]

Additionally, for Apple Watch owners: we are aware that this experience needs upgrades and we are working on a longer term vision for support.

Hopefully the “long term vision” is “Apple watch works for heart rate monitoring in Zwift” :slight_smile:

So, for people that currently have the watch app, and are getting no updates (the legacy case), is the idea that it will keep working as it is (very flaky but at least it works sometimes if you hook up a watch voodoo doll to your bike and put the needles in the right spots - can post a guide if anyone needs it /s), or will a future update to the iOS Phone companion app cut it off so it does not work at all until a “longer term vision” is realized? i.e. Will it completely stop working or keep the current state which might be better than nothing to some folks?

Also, is “longer term vision” something that is a couple months, or further out than that? Mainly asking to see if people who have this issue should go out and ask for a heart rate monitor for xmas, or wait for longer term vision to be realized. My guess is you can’t answer that, but I thought I’d ask anyhow :slight_smile:

Glad to see a fix for it is at least on the roadmap, unfortunate it requires “long term vision” type planning.

8 Likes