Underwhelming graphics on S21

I’m using Zwift on a spare Samsung Galaxy S21 which has the nearly top of the line Snapdragon 888 processor / Adreno 660 GPU.

I noticed the graphics seem to be stuck on a sort of “low” setting (which would make sense for entry-level devices) despite the phone having a ton of headroom to run it. Is there a way to adjust graphical settings to be more demanding since the device can clearly handle it?

The short answer is no. You don’t get the option within Android.

I’m assuming you are casting to a monitor/TV?

This is where you’ll see a bit of degrading of quality depending on the device you’re using.

The lack of detail is visible even in the phone screen (and screenshots), but I’m also trying to use it with a TV connected through an HDMI cable.

Or any device. Profile is automatically chosen by Zwift, and as far as I’m aware all phones get Basic which is the lowest tier.

On a plus note you’re lucky to have it working at all as the S21 seems a little problematic.

Bummer to hear that higher graphical settings are not available, seems like such a waste.

As for getting it working. It’s never given any sort of issues with my Stages SB20 and Wahoo Tickr.