Tour de Zwift groups (A, B, C) should not be the same as other race/group ride groups (also A, B, etc.) as they are two different metrics. Tour de Zwift groups are distance-based while normal groups are Watt/Kg.
This causes problems when riders like me filter our event list in the program or Companion App. I’m a D-level rider, and if I have the filter set to D and E, I am unable to join TdZ events from within the program, and the events don’t show up at all on the Companion App.
Here’s how it plays out:
- get up early for 5am ride, spindown Wahoo
- launch Zwift
- see TdZ in the event list (but not notice there are no group letters)
- click the TdZ event, see event change to “Join?”
- wonder why it doesn’t say “going”
- enter the game, quit, restart multiple times hoping to fix it
- try not to wake the rest of the house by swearing at designers who use the same variables for different units (distance versus W/Kg)