Tune Power-ups

Henceforth this powerup shall be known as the “Shart Attack”

The second race (both men’s and women’s) in the worlds today clearly showed how excessive the anvil’s effect is at the moment, especially when (almost) the whole pack deploys one at the same time. It’s game over if you hesitate for a few seconds or have already used yours earlier.

1 Like

IMHO they shouldn’t have powerups in the worlds full stop.

6 Likes

The Zwift Academy finals this year left me thinking the same thing. In one of the early races of the final, the eventual women’s winner took some criticism on her ‘race craft’ and strategy because she wasn’t using her powerups. And my first thought was that if I was deciding who to give an IRL road racing career to, it wouldn’t bother me at all that someone wasn’t using their Zwift powerups. Wouldn’t at all make me think that their IRL race craft was suspect–which made me think that the powerups being absent would be just as good.

1 Like

What if there was power up just added a certain speed to a rider regardless of weight, speed boost adds 2 mph to whatever speed they are doing.

Or one that holds your speed for 30 seconds so you could have a 30 second break from pedalling and not lose speed. Like cruise control in a car!

That would be carnage as you’d get a sprinter ramp up and essentially stay at sprint speed for 30s

potentially, maybe just have the supertuck effect on the flat instead then

Burrito re code so you still have draft. keep at 10 sec, only for rider on your wheel, i was wrong on my 1st post about this.

The Burrito is currently a negative PU. Swap the focus to be a positive PU by giving riders within 2.5 m effectively an Aero effect. Those outside the 2.5 should keep their draft but not get the added benefit from the riders who get the Areo boost (if that makes sense).

With the recent Race Scotland series, there has been a lot of focus on the Burrito.
One of the options for handling the Burrito is to Bin it.
When I look at the menu,On Screen as well as on the companion app, I don’t see an option to Bin.
I’m just logged in and spawned into a world.
I don’t have any power ups and I don’t even have anything paired up.
Is that button only present and active if the rider currently holds a Burrito or Anvil?

Thanks, I have seen that previous.
I don’t have the Bin icon.
I didn’t currently hold a power up so maybe that’s why.
I’ll check again later when I Zwift.

Most likely only available if you have a power up but 8 could be wrong

The Bin icon does indeed only appear when you have a Powerup.

2 Likes

If organisers continue to enable the Burrito it will be interesting to see if teams decide to target favourite and have their lower placed riders “take them out” e.g. once my work is done if get next to another teams rider and press my PU. Negative riding at its worst.

1 Like

Interesting to see if people will think about boycotting races that enable them.

4 Likes

Give you a benefit there, then give the aero powerup a huge benefit for lighter riders so we can hold off the big sprinters!

If she won without using all the power ups then all the better and more power to her! I like that kind of rider, I also don’t use power ups. Power ups don’t help you IRL. :slight_smile:

That’s fair enough to do that kind of negative riding. It might succeed in getting rid of that “power up”.

1 Like

The Anvil power-up weight bonus for light riders might need some tweaking… My kid (29.9 kg, 139 cm) recently did a race around the Two Bridges Loop with Anvil power-ups. He rode up the back of the hilly KOM, across the short-cut, started down the hill, activated the Anvil, and supertucked.

It looked like he was launched from a catapult. He hit 98 km/h before the bridge.

1 Like

That 100km/hr badge… Missed it by > < that much.