I had trouble on the last two mornings with the Trek-Segafredo ride. Here is the sequence of events that happened today (Sunday 7/10/16 8:00 AM CDT):
- Started as normal, selecting flat course
- Selected Trek-Segafredo ride in the upper right corner.
- Rode for about 10 minutes to warm up.
- Selected Join Event about 4-5 minutes before the ride started
- About a minute before the ride start, someone asked if there was a leader.
- Someone answered that he was the leader.
- We started, but there was no crown nor beacon marking the leader.
- The audio quit on me shortly after we left the pier. I was wondering if I did not get a good charge on my head phones, but I checked after the ride, and they are OK.
- We rode around the buildings, and we were about ready to join the main route. Then I noticed the individual who said he was the leader, in a small group ahead of me. I recognized him by name. There was no marker on him.
- I sped up to try to catch the leader’s group, which was just ahead of me.
- I joined the group ahead of me, on the down slope headed to the tunnel, and started looking for the leader, by name, again.
- I could not see the leader. I hung with the group for a way, trying to see the group leader. But I could not see him.
- Then I decided to slow down and let the group and the leader catch up, if they were behind me.
- I came to the fork that leads to the mountain, and the software forced me to take it.
- I rode on for a little bit, then quit the ride.
- After that one glimpse at the beginning, I never saw the leader again.
- Questions: Why was the leader not marked? Why was I turned off onto the mountain route, away from the main group? Where did the ride leader go?
Yesterday’s events were slightly different (Saturday 7/9/16 8:00 AM CDT):
- The crown and spot light were on the leader at the start.
- I was again in the front group, and lost track of the leader.
- I rode with the front group until we reached the island fork in the road.
- Most of the riders took the turn for the mountain.
- I rode straight ahead. There were only three riders with me. I wondered how I managed to be riding with a group that was on a different route.
- I slowed down, hoping that some more group members would come along. None did
- Finally I reached the fork near the wind mills. I was forced to turn to the mountain. I rode on for a mile or so, then quit the event but continued to ride.
- Questions: Why was I forced off the route? Why did I loose the leader?
I did the 3 PM ride on Saturday with no problems. I have saved to log files if you want to see them.