TRI ACADEMY events disappeared

Same issue, had to knock out the final run, did the Honolulu Marathon on Sunday so I was greatful to have the Monday events…and they disappeared… I actually thought I was competitive for the Zwift Triathlon Team…

1 Like

They really should reopen the academy… so many people just had 1 event to do… it’s really hard for me to do the run events as I don’t have easy access to a treadmill

2 Likes

I emailed Zwift, received a reply apologising and that the Tri Academy team are looking into it.

4 Likes

@David_Williams7238 Please keep us updated if you get any further response from the Zwift team with regards to your email :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hey guys.

Was this just a single Tri Academy ride or several?

Can you let me know what time it was supposed to be and I’ll have a look / ask around.

1 Like

Dec 13 had finish run scheduled 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30. Not sure about 11:30 or 1:30 but others were deleted. I was enrolled in 3:30 and tried again for 5:30. Now running events won’t even load.

1 Like

I had a look at 11:30am (UTC) on the 13th and the events were still there (ie: they hadn’t been unpublished or deleted).

The Companion App occasionally and temporarily doesn’t list events and has done for awhile but this sounds to be a lot more extreme than that.

I was actually signed up for 3:30, but when I got there the event wasn’t

I have always used companion app to enter both cycling and running events. On companion you can check days ahead usually

I’m only seeing Baseline Run and Finish Line TT at that time.

I take it there was definitely a Finish Run at that time too?

I wonder if some events were erroneously added (or appeared to be) and then deleted. When I checked about this time last week, the last events listed were definitely the morning of the 13th, around 10am UTC for me in the UK which reasonably matches the FAQ time of 3am PST (I didn’t check precisely as I managed to fit mine in a few days earlier). Run and bike both on the half hour but every two hours staggered.

FAQ still states “The Qualifying period begins on October 18, 2021, 8:00am PST and ends on December 13 2021, 2:59am PST”

Of course if people see the events listed they will expect them to exist regardless of whether they correspond to the FAQ. The only reason I was double checking everything was that I narrowly missed completing a previous ZA - entirely my fault - and was close to failing this one too. In the end I fitted it in a few days sooner…

Hi James. It seems to have been all events after a certain time.

If you look at the Events > History section of Zwift Power, you can see that the events were still in the database, but “took place” with 0 competitors. It shows that this occurred at 18:30, 19:30, 20:30, 21:30 and 22:30 UK time on Monday 13th December.

Someone mentioned the T&Cs but the History shows that at least 7 events were scheduled to take place after the end time stated in the small print and went ahead successfully so I don’t think that it’s necessarily related. I can only imagine that the events in question were deleted by accident or system error, as you wouldn’t delete events that people are signed up to.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the update. If you could please update this thread when you hear back, that’d be fantastic. Hopefully we can get a day or two of finish line events at least…

Yes, I actually entered. My plan was to do finish run on Friday 12/10 and TT on Thursday 12/9. So Thursday I entered TT 8:30@est. At approximately 15minutes in, the program froze. I tried again at 10:30est. Same thing. I tried again at 2:30p est, this time it froze at mile 16. TT finally successfully completed Friday 12/10. Unfortunately Monday was last chance. So since Monday this is what my running event page looks like. The cycling page did the same thing on Sunday and Monday.

Will do.

I’m in NSW Australia and there was several events listed for December 14th with people entered. I wanted to take part in the 07.30 AEST finish line run on this date.

About 15 mins prior it was not there on the companion app and on the main Zwift page, where upcoming events are listed on the right.

All the days events had gone, the last one was listed for a 4.30 pm AEST start time. The Tri Academy progress bar also gone.

Hi guys,

Firstly a massive apology from me to those of you who had signed up to these events only for them not to happen.

Academy Tri was always supposed to end on Dec. 13th at 3am Pacific (11am UTC). Unfortunately it transpires that we had scheduled more events than we were meant to. Once we realised, we deleted these events (which is why I couldn’t see them when I looked yesterday). The unfortunate result is that approximately 200 people had signed up for events which didn’t happen. We have credited these people as having completed the ride.

I fully recognise that this has not been a good experience for you and for that I sincerely apologise. If anyone signed up for this event and has completed other events in the prgramme and have not received credit for the Finish Run, please drop me a PM and I’ll ask our guys to fix.

Sorry again.

1 Like

Dear James,
thank you very much for your honest and detailed answer! You mentioned that you subsequently confirmed the event participation for the approx. 200 registered participants, although no service was provided - I suspect this is related to the activation of the in-game kits? However, I am more interested in a successful participation in the actual selection process and would ask you for a brief comment on this. Of course, I would like to prove my performance in a finishing event. Is there any chance of additional events for the affected users?

Again, many thanks in advance and best regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, the confirmation would relate to any in-game awards that would have been due upon creation.

I’m awfully sorry, but because the programme is now closed, there won’t be any make up stages. I understand that this is frustrating and I’ve shared my thoughts internally.

@James_Zwift I cannot seem to find the PM button (envelope of some sort?)

I think I have not received credit for my baseline run as described previously in this thread.

Also: are there any way to check if we have received credit? I can not seem to find the dashbord with my Zwift Tri academy results.

Thanks for your effort and response.

Ride on