Trainer Resistance | Trainer Difficulty too low, Simulation and ERG mode do not adjust resistance [January 2023]

No erg for me
No hill changes

Win11
Kickr v5

Another data point.

Windows 10
Tacx Neo 2 SE

ERG mode doesn’t work
Sim mode doesn’t work

Was all good earlier this week before the update.

Tried both ANT+ and Bluetooth. In both cases it shows as connected in the app, but the light on the trainer does not light up.

Currently on the free trial from purchasing the trainer, but doubt I’ll pay if I can’t trust the software to work reliably. Like everyone I only have limited time to train and can’t afford to spend it troubleshooting

1 Like

same speed if I recall. The resistance didn’t change if I was going up or going down - my speed was consistent throughout the entire 15-mile test ride. I was passing more riders than normal when the road pitched up however I noticed that my rider avatar was slow on the steeper gradients - it was weird. Going down hill, the resistance we still not changed. You know normally when you’re descending and you stop pedaling your avatar will get in the “tuck position”, oh there was none of that last night. I had to pedal to go downhill or I was stopping.

Same issues with me. For data collection, as this is now well documented. Everything worked fine prior to the update. Now, kaputt.

Kicker Core
MacAir 2019 - OS13.whatever
Ant+ via dongle

1 Like

Erg mode isn’t working, thought it was my trainer causing the issue.
Try to do a calibration spin and it failed every time, never happened before.
Uninstalled Zwift completely and and reinstall and no changes, still no ERG even though it shows as “On” in the companion App and also the workout plans stating the ERG is enable.
Drops are also not working.

1 Like

Same here: ERG not working, Resistance seems to be inverted (but weird somehow)

Win10
Game 1.33.0 (107174) / Launcher 1.1.5
Kickr v5, FW: 4.2.5
Ant+ FE-C coupling

3 Likes

PC Zwift 1.33
Windows 10 build 19044
TACX Neo Ant+

Erg not working since update

Edit :
I’ve managed to get mine working following these instructions
At zwiftinsider dot com /1-33-erg-bug

Basically connect your trainer using the companion app.
And in the pairing screen click the setting cog on the top right and select Bluetooth via companion app.

1 Like

same issue but calibration spindown in zwift pairing screen sorted it out :slight_smile:

I also have kickr climb and that isn’t responding

I have the same

After the update i did today the ERG mode for the Kickr is not working anymore. How to fix? Please help because this is not why I work with Zwift!

Edit: Bluetooth for now fixes this, erg mode works through BLE. Kickr Core , W11

1 Like

It’s a known issue.

Zwift are working on it urgently. Expect it to be fixed very soon.

Well done on knackering things up Zwift, top top effort

1 Like

Yep, same here. Suspect a patch will be issued very soon.

1 Like

We expect a barrage of bugs with each monthly release with Zwift’s jello foundations, but rendering the game unusable is possibly a new low.

6 Likes

Wahoo Kickr Gen1
Windows 10
Erg not working in ANT+
Suddenly today was able to get it going with Bluetooth….obviously not preferable :flushed:

Exactly the same issue, SIM mode not working & everything feels flat. Windows 10, Tacx Flux, ANT+ connection. All firmware is up to date.

Perhaps the new world is actually The Netherlands and not Scotland??

1 Like

Same here Neo 2T, FE-C via ANT+, no ERG whatsoever.

And my workout instructed me to pedal at -5 RPM … but that’s probably just an unrelatedly broken workout :+1:Software Quality :+1:

:joy: even the Netherlands have a few overpass to climb over and lots of cobblestones.

2 Likes

I took time during lunch today to uninstall and reinstall Zwift, and a very quick test spin with my sandals shows ERG working as expected. Might be worth a shot for those still struggling.

I have a Kickr Core, Windows 10, ANT+ dongle. ERG was not working after the update this morning, but the steps I outlined above seem to have corrected the issue for me.