Trainer Resistance | Trainer Difficulty too low, Simulation and ERG mode do not adjust resistance [January 2023]

My speed was falling back but you just don’t feel the slopes! Like your trainer difficulty is put to 0%

1 Like

Im currently riding and ERG didn’t work, but mid ride I got a weird power dip and now ERG is working again, like they have done a server side change.

Same. Tried to do a Workout after doing the Update but ERG Mode failed to work. Also getting a frozen Drop Counter, it flashed for a while but drops did not increase and later on the Drop Counter stopped flashing at all.

Same here, ERG mode issues after the update.

Win 11 Pro, Tacx Neo 1, Anself ANT+ Dongle.
After some restarts (Zwift, Trainer, PC) I unpaired all devices in Zwift and reconnected them via BT and surprise, surprise … ERG is working again without issues.

Anyway, please fix this asap. How is it possible to break something that was working flawlessly for years?

Hello all,

Thank you for the very detailed comments in this thread. We are working on this right now. In the thread, I see a few reports that may fix the issue:

• Disconnect and reconnect your trainer as Controllable in the Pairing Screen
  • If possible, switch from ANT+ to Bluetooth as a pairing method
  • Run a spindown calibration in Zwift (not available on all trainers)

I will update as I get more information.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I received a reply to my support request this morning. they say they’re working on a fix, but no ETA on when that will be delivered. Just “very soon” but who knows what that means.

1 Like

have the same problems

• Windows11 with ANT+ FE-C
  • Elite Direto
  • Data reading works fine
  • no control over the power possible (ERG/manual)
1 Like

Same for me
Garmin Neo 2T
Windows 11
ANT connection

Since update today (1.33) ERG mode is not
Longer available

Just to add my findings on this topic:

MacBook Pro 2014
Big Sur 11.7.3
Latest Zwift update
Ant+ Dir XR - Contollable, Power, Cadence - No ERG control

Bluetooth Dir XR- Contollable, Power , Cadence - ERG successful, workout - Twenty Torch

iPad Pro 5th Generation 2022
OS 16.2
Zwift Version 3.43.0
ERG successful, workout - Twenty Torch.

Hope this feedback helps.

same here, but with

• Win11
  • Elite Direto
  • Ant+ FE-C
  • repairing, restart, calibrating etc. did not help

With RGT oder Garmin EDGE it works fine

My setup is similar… have you tried bluetooth yet with the direto?

Same issue. Tried everything. It’s broke.

It really makes me angry, Zwift, this should never have made it through your checks. Poor poor quality control.

Dear Zwift

Please fix that, I can not train like that. I already lost an hour and a hole training session.

Elite Direto, Win11, Ant+

1 Like

Same problem as others here:

KICKR Core with ANT+ dongle on PC. No simulated difficulty in free ride for the Core…

Is it recommended for Apple users to not update at this time (their updates aren’t forced are they)?

Trainer resistance is not controlled in any mode after the 1.33.0 update - ERG, fixed or simulated incline makes no difference. Power meassurements work fine. PC, ANT+, TACX Flux2.

Same here. Working perfectly before update. Today no resistance or gradient.

Wahoo kickr 5
Kickr climb
Win10 PC
Ant+ and Bluetooth tried.
Tried reconnecting everything.

Nothing.

1 Like

Same here. Tax Neo 2T connecting over ANT+ to Windows 10.

ERG mode not working at all for a workout with ERG enabled. Companion app shows ERG mode enabled.

The unit is acting like a dumb trainer and I’m having to control power using cadence and gears :flushed:

I have same problems. Mine was and has always worked perfectly until the 1.33 update. Now the trainer resistance is all messed up. Resistance increases when going downhill and decreases when going uphill. Also kind of acts like it’s in ERG mode.

Wahoo kickr 5
Win10 PC
Ant+

Uninstalled and Re-Installed Zwift. That worked until it forced me to upgrade back to 1.33, then same problems.

disconnect it as controllable and use the tacx app to set the target watts as a temporary workaround

1 Like