Trainer Resistance | Trainer Difficulty too low, Simulation and ERG mode do not adjust resistance [January 2023]

I also could not get erg mode to work after latest update. A lot of others are having the same issues posted in thread announcing latest update. Also posted on Reddit.

Deleted prefs and knowndevices.

Tried starting another workout, and trying to get tilt and trainer difficulty to do anything.

Nothing.
ERG would say “disabling ERG” if I sat way outside the zone, and if I got near it would say “reenabling ERG” but… nothing ever changed.

THIS IS A HUGE BUG.

Tried non-FEC as well, and no dice.

3 Likes

Another user here…similar issues just since this 1.33 update.

Since the update I seem to be riding in The Upside Down: resistance gets easier on inclines, harder on flats, and I have to work to go downhill. It’s literally the opposite.

The only thing that changed in my setup is this update.

Original kickr paired as ant f-ec, quarq as power and cadence over ant, and hr over ant.

On downhills the cadence would even drop down despite me not changing my leg speed.

I did not dual-record.

I guess I should go after Ven Top and Alpe before y’all fix this?

2 Likes

I am also facing this issue.

On a wahoo kickr bike v2.

Unlocked.

Can’t get above 50 watts.

(Not important but no drops registering)

I am on Zwift almost daily. Today the application was updated. I have it on two laptops, and both were updated. So, I figured I had the latest and greatest.
To backtrack, I am on travel, and when on travel I use my Kickr Snap V1 which Zwift sees as 38333 or FEC-38333. Yesterday I rode with Zwift configured via Ant+ for Power Source and Controllable set to FEC-38333, and it worked as usual, including the spindown.
But, after today’s update, Controllable no longer sees FEC-38333. Power Source sees and connects to it, but Zwift doesn’t register Watts or support spindown without the Controllable connection. I have to switch to 38333. This enables Zwift to register Watts, but Zwift won’t support a spindown.
So, I uninstalled Zwift, downloaded it from Zwift, and reinstalled it, the update kicked in again, but the Controllable problem remained. Again, I should have had the latest version.
So, I check Windows 11 control panel and it indicates version 1.1.5.

What version should I have? Also, what needs to be done about Controllable not seeing FEC-38333?

p.s., never mind on the version question. The log file indicates “Game Version: 1.33.0(107174) rc/1.33.0.”

But, I still have the Controllable problem.

My difficulty (always 100%) feels now like 0%, even if i stop and change the slider the feeling stays the same. (i’m on Tacx Neo 2T, but other guys with kickr had the same!)

1 Like

Hi

My ERG mode is suddenly not working on Apple Mac following latest update 26 Jan 2023… anyone else experiencing this problem?

Was working fine yesterday before update.

Regards

1 Like

Doing smart trainer calibration after the software update solves the problem!

Same issue, Stages SB20 here.

1 Like

Same issue here after the update

1 Like

There is no calibration for my trainer (Neo 2), so if that workaround does work it won’t be available to everyone.

2 Likes

Same here :sleepy:

Tested Saris H3 on windows 10.

ERG work on ANT+ and Bluetooth
Simulation work on ANT+ and Bluetooth.

After update, neither ERG mode or SIM mode will control the resistance of my SB20. It behaves as if TD is set to 0, but my setting is 50.

1 Like

I don’t know what bugs are reported yet but here are the ones I found:

• Erg not working via Ant+ (Win PC with Garmin Ant Dongle and Wahoo Kickr)
  • companion app not showing workout info during a custom workout (just a time for km - with a little runner indicating that this info is for runners)
  • Zwift not controlling gradient (fixed with a complete reconnect to power for the Kickr)
  • Number of ant+ dropouts is way up ( I have to use my assiomas since my ant+ to the kickr was veeeeery unstable before) even with reliable devices prior to the update
  • something is off with the draft/ ride feel (haven’t dug into that topic that much this far)
4 Likes

Any updates on this issue? I was hoping once I came back this afternoon all would be fixed? Still having the same issues and have done all steps correctly.

My set up has been working amazing until after this update.

Please help. Or allow us to revert back to previous version whilst this issue is fixed…

4 Likes

Same, MacOS, Kickr

Apparently Zwift 1.1.3 update broke it. Nothing else changed.

Change from ANT+ to Bluetooth. Use Companion App as bridge if needed.

IIRC you can still do a “calibration” from the pairing screen with such trainers even if it really does nothing in the end.

1 Like