Trainer Resistance | Trainer Difficulty too low, Simulation and ERG mode do not adjust resistance [January 2023]

The last word is yours my friend

3 Likes

whoohoo, yes. mine is fine to. Win11, Direto, ANT+ - BT worked yesterday already

Same here.
Upgraded to 1.33.1 and Tacx Neo2T still nit working in erg mode.

Upgrade 1.33.1 did Not fix ERG for me.
Tacx Neo2T :worried::disappointed::rage::sob:

Did you make sure erg mode was enabled? I had toggled mine on and off before the patch to try and get it to work, then when I loaded my next workout erg mode was set to off as default

Today, unlike yesterday, ERG has started working again. I connected with Mac and ANT+, no BT, no Companion. Everything works fine. The drops are always blocked and probably a Companion bug needs to be fixed: today the cycling screen continued to alternate with the running one.

Windows 10, Kickr trainer, ANT, no Bluetooth, all latest updates of everything (including Zwift 1.33.1). Companion app not running. Connection issues with the trainer that started with 1.33 appear resolved in 1.33.1 but resistance still feels off, like my lower trainer difficulty setting of 0.4 is not being respected but rather that Zwift is just defaulting to 0.5.

V1.33.1 brought trainer resistance back for me. Tonight’s ride was waaaayyyy more enjoyable.

Thanks Zwift team for the swift reaction.

1 Like

I just finished a workout, Gran Fondo, Week 4, a long ride with many sessions of 5 minutes at 210 Watts and 5 minutes at 190 watts, back and forth 3 or 4 times. I spent a lot of time fighting the machine to get to 210 or down to 190, changing gears, turning ERG off and on, pausing workout…until I figured out what the program was doing…it was holding me at 210 in the 190 window and holding me at 190 in the 210 window…smooth. Once I figured this out I stopped fighting and settled in for the rest of the workout. Did great, until trying to step down wattage at cool down…forget it.

Version 1.33.1
Kickr Snap
Windows 11 (laptop)
Bluetooth

I’ve installed the last update this morning V1.33.1, but now the situation is even worst because now Zwift will not start at all!

Windows 10 not auto update when the icon is started?

Android is sorted just wondered ?

Trainer resistance is working in a manner, but the resistance is too low, which results in the wattages/calories being too high. For example, I completed a 80 minute ride on Saturday that was reported as burning almost 1,000 calories, which I know was WAY too high given my effort. And more subjectively, I notice that I’m able to get up hills in gears that should be impossible for me (eg. Radio Tower in 53/22 gear combo). So still pretty much useless to me for accurate training purposes. Today is the third day in a row I’ve had to switch over the RGT to get a workout with valid data. BTW, I’m using a PC, Windows 10, and a Saris H2 trainer. Connecting over Ant+ FE-C. I have also completely uninstalled/reinstalled zwift every day and unplugged/plugged in my trainer.

1 Like

yeah I agree I did a short TDZ stage and watts compared to effort felt well off. sadly completely messed my experience up as jumped from mid pack cat C rider to an Cat A.

newbie with 2 weeks experience but it needs to feel real and be real or it’s pointless

Problem right now. Free ride power meter is low. Only work ok in workout with ERG mode on. Elite rampa + win10. Test ant+, with bluetooth, pc and celphone, not work. Same problem. Work only in workou with ERG mode. Start problem today, in middle my free ride Watopia.

Not a problem since the update until yesterday. In the same sesion I did both races of this week Fun is Flat, no problems there, but when I joined the TT series race the trainer stopped “feeling” the incline, same resistance in all terrain. I tried to reset the pairing of the trainer, change the riding difficulty, close Zwift (with and without the trainer apired), and the trainer was not “feeling” the incline. Any idea that if this is related with all the problems of this update?
Trainer Tacks Neo 2, connected by ANT+ to a PC with Windows 10. Did not try bluetooth connection.

Patch installed today.
Trainer is Tacx Neo 2.
Now Zwift always crashes after 30 seconds, both in Windows 10 and in Mac Os (in windows sometimes freezes, sometimes blue screen - critical failure).
Another workout ruined. Great!! And we are paying for this.
Zwift get your act together! Test stuff before releasing to a community of paying users! Show some respect!

2 Likes

Mac Os now working after a new install, Windows still crashing, after a new install now it doesn’t even load properly, blue screens every time.

This is what I get when trying to start Zwift:

@Carlos_Santos4
Your photo makes me think this is a graphics driver issue. You may want to check for the latest driver from the GPU’s manufacturer, rather than the driver automatically loaded by Windows Update.

Thank you. Will do. But all was fine until 1.33 came along.

Even small software updates can sometimes end up messing with things like driver compatibility. Have had it happen with video games in the past–install the game, works fine, install the company-provided patch with new missions, etc…down goes Frazier!