Trainer Resistance | Trainer Difficulty too low, Simulation and ERG mode do not adjust resistance [January 2023]

If I am being generous my guess would be the focus was very much on the new Scotland map and getting that sorted and so these other bugs were missed before rolling out

Tried calibration for ant+ and bluetooth on my kickr both failed.

1 Like

But why a new ANT+ driver on Windows? For Scottland? I doubt.

2 Likes

24 hours later and the problem still exists. Zwift - letā€™s get this resolved quickly - this is taking far longer than necessary.

2 Likes

Hopefully Zwift can take some learning from this. Had to do my whole session yesterday with no erg, though there is some fixed resistance .
Tried everything, re setting, re installation, calibration via wahoo (calibration on zwift is impossible couldnā€™t get up to 23mph)
Been using Zwift for years, this has to be the biggest problem yet.
WAHOO KIKR SNAP
WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP
ANT+(also tried Bluetooth)
Glad to see its been looked at, would be great to have a roll back option on updates.

2 Likes

Same issue here.
Windows 11 Laptop with ANT+ connection.
Tacx Flux 2

ERG Mode was not working, driving without felt weird. Resistance got lower when climbing. Tried to calibrate the trainer with the Garmin App. Did not work. Was kind of worried that my trainer was broken, but reading about other people having the same problem after the update, i was kind of relieved. But please fix this as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Same here, pc and elite suito, no erg after the last update.

1 Like

Okay, much as I dispise having to do free tech support for zwift, I managed to get it working for me, not sure which of these things fixed it, but you might want to try working backwards until the fix comes out. The steps assume youā€™re going to check it works after each step by doing a calibration (by clicking the spanner icon on the settings screen prior to starting). A good calibration will be easy to spin up to 36kph (or mph) not taking 800w to get there, and get a fail when it finally spins down.

1. Reboot PC
  2. Reboot Trainer (Iā€™m using a Kickr core)
  3. Unpair bike from settings screen, and attempt to reconnect. Do step 2 again here and wait longer than seems reasonable to see the BT or ANT+ bike, and connect via BT if possible (switch back to ANT+ if it works after).
  4. Install full Zwift on your phone, and try to pair the devices, then run a calibration.
  5. Switch your phone off, and PC back on, and try again using BT over ANT+.
    This fixed it for me, and I was able to do a proper calibration via ANT+ after.
    Easy!

Yep Stafford I been on Zwift for 5 years but this is something elseā€¦

2 Likes

Experienced the same issues this AM immediately after software update.
Currently running KickrV5 bluetooth connection to mac laptop.

The Fix: Unpair all sensors from Zwift. Power down everything & unplug trainer. Restart and Pair trainer.

That did it after a few rounds of cursing at the whole systems and reading some online posts.

@Rowdy - this is great news! Any idea what time it will be released EST??? I love Zwift but man when it breaks you sure do miss it. I guess you donā€™t know what you have until itā€™s gone -

1 Like

switching form ANT+ to BT helped - :+1:t3:(Win11 with Elite Direto)

1 Like

got a Elite Direto: try to connect it via Bluetooth only - that helped me

1 Like

No resistance for me on gradients or in workouts (custom or group). No ERG (yes it is checked).

• Tacx Neo 2T
  • Ant+ dongle
  • MacBook Pro OS 13.2

Side issue, Iā€™ve also lost my RCC kitā€¦

Hopefully some QC involved this time.

1 Like

I deleted the prefs.xlm and knowndevices.xlm files in the Zwift folder and that corrected the no resistance issue for me. Zwift will rebuild the files but it will reset your settings so you will need to go into settings to put the back where you had them, Game resolution and Tacx rumble for example,

Having the same issues on Kickr Bike through a Mac

• No trainer resistance
  • No steering connection
  • No gradient change in bike

Was all working perfectly until updated yesterday morning

Here laptop Windows 10 Pro, Tacx Neo 2T and Garmin ANT+dongel. Heartrate broadcast from my Garmin Fenix 7 Solar to the laptop by using also ANT+

I shutdown Zwift and disconnected ANT+, put in the bluetooth dongel. Started Zwift again and connected watch and Tacx Trainer in bluetooth modus.
Started a short ride with climb and downhill and everything OK.

Donald

So changing from ANT+ to Bluetooth was foe me the solution.

Tried this, made it worse. Now Bluetooth doesnā€™t work either. Win10 Kicker Snap, Bluetooth through companion app. ANT+FEC dongle to computer not working either. Even after the.115 update this morning.

Sim mode not working after update, no resistance
Ant+ connection
Stages SB20

Worked before update.
Working in Rouvy and WahooRGT