Trainer Difficulty stuck at 100%

I can’t adjust my trainer difficulty; it’s always stuck at Max. I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite running Android 11 and a TacX Vortex wheel on trainer. Everything else seems to work perfectly fine, I just can’t get the trainer difficulty to adjust.

I’m able to slide the orange bar in the settings, but when I ride it’s still maxed out. When I open the settings again, it’s back on Max. I’ve tried deleting the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling and can’t get it to work.

Any suggestions or known fixes? I’ve searched and can’t seem to find a solid answer.

Hi @Ryder_Needham

It looks like this is your first post here on the Zwift Forums. Welcome!

I’m sorry to hear that the trainer difficulty is stuck on 100% max for you. This does sound like a known issue or bug, and so I’ve reached out to the team to see if that’s the case.

I’ll let you know more info once I hear back from the team.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already done so, you might consider sending us a support inquiry here, which can be helpful in our efforts to track these kinds of issues.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trainer Difficulty setting reverts to maximum [October 2022]

It’s easy to see who above is reading from the generic ‘donut’ support script. They all sound the same whether it is Microsoft’s ones or the one above. :wink:

Now, it appears there is a topic covering this:

It appears to be very recent. Rowdy in that topic suggested:

• Adjust your trainer difficulty settings to your preferred level
  • Save the settings and log out
  • Return to your preferred device and log in

Thank you @Chris_D9 for linking to the active thread.

This is a known issue that is currently affecting Android devices running Zwift.

1 Like