Trainer difficulty change

(Lisa Stone) #1

Hi,

I noticed that after the most recent update (2/27/18), that my Smart trainer (Elite) resistance/difficulty is much higher, despite having it still set at 50% as I always have.  Grinding up to the tower, the resistance is much higher as it is for even 6% or lower gradients. It feels more like 100%.

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing a change?

Thanks

(Olaf Hey) #2

+1 (Tacx Neo, latest firmware applied)

I’m fairly new to Zwift but I definitely noticed a change in behaviour since 1st of March too. If you ride alone, it is not that obvious but riding with someone else, it is near impossible.

Some observations along, may or may not related are,  I’m no longer getting boosts, nor do I get any draft box. The fellow I was “trying” to ride with was getting both during the ride.

(Richard Hadfield WBR(B)) #3

Mine seemed to go the other way and got easier. Could be that the cold here in U.K. made it easier to keep heart rate down, could be that I am fitter. But FTP just jumped 10% immediately after the update. I have tacx I-genius smart.

(Lisa Stone) #4

I have not had problems in Erg mode. But the free ride resistance seems higher. I have dialed down the trainer resistance setting to see if it changes.

(Olaf Hey) #5

The missing boosts and draft boxes has been the TT bike I used. I didn’t knew these implications.

Yesterday I switched bike, unpaired / paired smart trainer again and so far it feels good to me.

(jim h) #6

ive just heard about the “improved resistance feel of qubo digital smart b+ trainers” not sure if this actually means the resistance has been increased but lately im finding workouts harder (in erg mode).

this may well be due to my fitness falling (this is what i assume) but with the vague wording in the update it would be nice to know one way or the other.

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #7

I have ridden in Zwift for the first time to night after 2 weeks  on my Elite Qubo smart and now I can hardly even turn the cranks at times and can get any where near 200w and even seems to have pedal down hill hard just to move. I do not think I would be able to climb any of the hills in London now as I would run out of gears . I even turned down the load slide to off and still it is monster hard to get any where. Even hard just to climb over one of the Thames bridges. If this is how it is going to be from now on that will be the end on Zwift for me as I just wanted a easy spin on it tonight and am flat out just to move. 

(Alain Cadorette Cannondale 4iiii) #8

Both my girlfriend and I have the same issue with our Qubo Digital Smart B+ units. both units doing the same since the last update 

Qubo is much harder since last week’s Zwift update. Even with trainer difficulty turned down to 20-30%

I opened a ticket with Zwift last week and still nothing. 

You should all to the same and log complaints to Zwift 

I can hear the Qubo motor move the resistance up significantly as soon as it’s paired with Zwift. That means that the starting point is higher than it used to be. 

As soon as I unpair, I hear the motor bring the resistance back down to 1

This happens in both ANT+ and Bluetooth mode

How many of you are on MAC products? I get the same thing on Apple TV Gen4, Macbook Pro Retina or Iphone 7

(Alain Cadorette Cannondale 4iiii) #9

Both my girlfriend and I have the same issue with our Qubo Digital Smart B+ units. both units doing the same since the last update 

Qubo is much harder since last week’s Zwift update. Even with trainer difficulty turned down to 20-30%

I opened a ticket with Zwift last week and still nothing. 

You should all to the same and log complaints to Zwift 

I can hear the Qubo motor move the resistance up significantly as soon as it’s paired with Zwift. That means that the starting point is higher than it used to be. 

As soon as I unpair, I hear the motor bring the resistance back down to 1

This happens in both ANT+ and Bluetooth mode

How many of you are on MAC products? I get the same thing on Apple TV Gen4, Macbook Pro Retina or Iphone 7

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #10

I have had a reply saying it will be my tyre pressure or the load on the tyre is not set correctly which you do not do with his trainer as they have not changed any thing in the last update even thought it said they had and my turbo no longer works as it did. Tyre pressure is ok and I have reinstalled the app and it is just as bad. I would say if I did a FTP test I would be 100 w less than I was and I was doing up to 60 km but can hardly get to 10 km and the trainer seem to be making some stange sounds at times like it is working very hard. I have emailed make and wait to see what I get back. 

(Alain Cadorette Cannondale 4iiii) #11

That’s a BS answer from whoever told you that. The rep I am dealing with Benjamin Bishop confirmed they did do a resistance change done to QUBOs in the last update

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #12

If this is not fixed or I can go back to the setup as it was before it will be the end of me on Zwift as it would mean getting another trainer. I do a lot of the Pack groups rides and would be dropped just off the start line now and would never stay in the group. 

(Alain Cadorette Cannondale 4iiii) #13

Both my girlfriend and I have the same problem since this last update and we both said the exact same thing. Hope someone comes up with competit to Zwift

(Lisa Stone) #14

The issue seems to have resolved for me.  I have an Elite Drivo which is direct drive.  So, no wheel pressure to influence it and it does not require calibration.  So, not sure what happened after the March update because it has been bullet proof to date.

I don’t know if “resetting” the trainer by unplugging and allowing to restart? or there also was a little update from Zwift on 3/10.  Regardless, the behavior is back to normal.  I am no longer out of gears on 8+% grades, or shifting constantly on the 1-3% grades.

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #15

I am told other people need to start a ticket and send in there ride logs. I again tried to ride tonight and can still hardly get over 150 w with every one going past me. 

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #16

Wi have ALWAYS kept up in the P ack group rides till the end at bout 60 minutes but I can not now keep in the group and finished after under 30 minutes tonight. 50 Watts average down . Trainer making odd sounds now as well. 

(Richard Bartolo RaceWBR (B-)) #17

Same problem here on and Elite Qubo Smart b+. Everything is the same on my end bike wise, including tire pressure. Riding at 25% Trainer Difficulty and the resistance is huge anytime the road goes up.

I use to ride at 75% without any real issues. There definitely has been a change!

I opened a ticket last night!

Zwift, please put it back the way it was, or at least tone it down a bit. I’m sorry, but at 25% I should be barely feeling grade changes and only require shifting when I’m rolling on +5% grades.

(Lisa Stone) #18

I am again having the same problem with very high resistance unless I have the trainer difficulty slider all the way off.  I am able to discern only a small difference in resistance between 25% and 100%.

i have also started a ticket.

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #19

I hope one of use can get a reply from Zwift as I have not heard any more back other than we have not changed any thing and being asked to send my logs in which I did . I have not tried to ride again as it is a waste of time. I even knocked 50 kg of my weight and Turned the load slider right off but it is still a waste of time and I do not want to kill my trainer. 

(Keith Allen 85kg PACK ZSUN) #20

I tried a live chat and they are saying they have not heard from anyone else and do not seem to know of a problem other than from me . I for one will not buy another trainer as how do I know if they will kill that one as well.