Tour de Zwift Stage 7 Bug

Signed up for the 2pm stage 7 ride (Castle to Castle) and it never transported me there. No blue button. Nothing.

Hi @Lisa_Buckland

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get the in-game notification to join the TdZ Stage 7 event. I get how that can be frustrating, but I’ll do my best to help.

In my experience, the most common reasons why one would not get the notification to join an event is due to an internet (e.g. WiFi) connection issue, or if the event was not properly registered for, or if your computer fails to meet Zwift’s minimum requirements.

If you suspect that your connection dropped out, you can find some helpful troubleshooting steps in this article.

If you suspect that your computer doesn’t meet Zwift’s minimum requirements, I suggest you take a look at our related article on supported devices. For example, if your computer doesn’t have at least 8 GB of RAM, this can result in buggy or unexpected behavior in Zwift when run on a computer that doesn’t meet the minimum hardware requirements.

I checked, and it looks like you already sent our team a chat/email support request, so we’re happy to provide you with continued support via email!