Tour de Zwift - Stage 2 @ 1100am GMT - 5th January 2019

Today I registered was ready and waiting for the (Sat 5th January 2019 @ 1100GMT) TdZ Stage 2 (New York Bagel). In the count down before the start I was dumped with quite a few others at the start line of Watopia…3-2-1 then off…not on the New York Course but we were put on the Watopia course. We all set off and I cycled slowly as I was confused. However system claimed I was 1800 out of 2340 or so but then I was cycling alone after a short while as our group split. The position indicator on the right of the screen seemed to indicate that I was part of the race but there was also no distance indicator but I was in the right (TdZ) kit as were the others. Really disappointed as I was looking forward to this stage and it was the only opportunity today (I’m actually real racing tomorrow). This is clearly a system capacity issue and the platform is not scaleing as it should. Please can Zwift CTO explain what the root cause was and when a fix will be applied. I am a professional CIO (with a very large IT team) so I know a lot about IT systems…so no fobbing off please Zwift. Not happy!

I had sort or less the same issue, but at 0900pm GMT (2200 in Brussels time). I did Stage 2 on Watopia, did 4 laps and saw no reals finish, and also only 6 other riders. I was very confused, but was not certain about stage details so I biked as long as possible. I was kinda disappointed at the end, I expected a lot more of this.

I was on the NYC course. Everything went till mile 6, where everyone turned right, and my avatar went straight …

I had exactly the same issue and after 1hr and 30 i got bored and gave up…

I did Stage 2 twice and both times had the same problem as Steven Wens.

I had the same problems I started @11am gmt got 7 miles roughly into the stage and the I went straight on and everyone else went right and carried on, the mileage started going up and up as I carried on I got back on the park loop with other riders, but again I went on and the others went left and I got stuck on the park loop after more climbing and distance than the original route I’d had enough after 1hr 30 I took various photos on route but forgot that zwift photos don’t have the graphics on there anymore to show mileage going up and my finishing position going down, when I finished my ride I was 5 overall!! Which I know is not right at all. I won’t be doing the next stages until I get notification of my completion of this one along with everyone else who had this problem.

Same here, 12:00 GMT. AT 23 miles my distance to the finish was 12 miles and rising, amusingly it said I was in 3rd place at this point lol. I quit the race as it was obvious I would be riding all day with no finish if I carried on. I have raised a support ticket.

Today 06jan at 9.00 am italy local time I started stage 2 of TDZ and had your same problem. I have ridden more than 82km and the km counter went always up and down and the finish line has never arrived. After almost 3hours I was a bit tired… and a lot bored… I just hope that the organization will register us the stage 2 as done…

Today 06jan at 9.00 am italy local time I started stage 2 of TDZ and had your same problem. I have ridden more than 82km and the km counter went always up and down and the finish line has never arrived. After almost 3hours I was a bit tired… and a lot bored… I just hope that the organization will register us the stage 2 as done…

Exactly the same issues for me. Logged on for 1200GMT ride, warming up for 5 minutes and Zwift just crashed 20 seconds before the course was meant to start! Tried the 1400GMT ride and was sent on a different course on the NY map after about 6 miles or so, ending up in my remaining mileage just climbing up and up!
I stuck at it and managed to do more than the course miles and climbing on the route I was put on, but of course it hasn’t recognised the stage as complete. I’ve raised a support ticket, and will let you all know the outcome.

This has just happened to my partner on the 16:00gmt stage 2. He was in the holding area and then appeared on watopia! It showed the group he was in but none of the other route distance details you usually get at the top with a stage event. He’s ended up just cycling watopia! .

Hi,

I was also on TdZ Stage 2 (1:00pm) and did the complete stage but followed a structured workout right after the stage. I miss my “thumb up” on the TdZ calendar. It happened also 2 days ago but @Vincent corrected this. I think he need to do that again. Thanks in advance.

Edit: i did the stage today (6/01/2019) at 1:00pm GMT

A mod at Zwift has emailed me back and let me know that because I completed the relevant miles, they can provide credit manually for the ride. Just logged on now and can see it’s there. Unsure what’s caused the issue but would recommend if it happens again, try and do the mileage for the stage and send a support note through.

I had a similar issue, and from the looks of the group chat pop ups, it seemed like a number of other riders were having the same issue.

Issue: I was signed up for the Stage 2 ride at 11am - both on the companion app (my.zwift.com) and in the game (confirmed on the little tab). I logged on 20 min before the start of the event, but never saw a “join ride” notification. As such, I restarted the game to see if that would resolve the issue and I’d get a notification. Not so. In the end, I figured I’d just starting riding as maybe this event was taking a different format, but turns out from the group chat a number of others seemed to have the same issue: Signed up, but not a part of the ride. I just rode the course and quickly caught up with the A group, but was not technically part of the event. Going to try to ride Stage 2 again today, but would love to see issue resolved / addressed.