Tour de Zwift 2021 FAQ

Was this toward the first part of the ride? If so, you’re likely experiencing the ‘late joiner effect’. When someone joins the event late (i.e. isn’t in the pens right at the start) they are inserted somewhere in the ‘pack’ and this location can often be ahead of where you are. This gives the effect (in the placings infographic) of you losing a spot when no one has actually passed you.

No I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the late joiner effect for two reasons:

• The number of entrants (over 6000) wasn’t going up that fast, and seemed to correlate to riders in all events, not just the one I entered.
  • I dropped from about 500th to 800th out of more than 6000, but my experience in previous rides suggests late joiners join in the midfield, which wouldn’t have affected me here?

Hmm, that should not be a problem i guess. Perhaps you missed some places. But with thousands of attendees its quite under the radar.

There were probably too many riders to render on-screen, so riders were passing you but you didn’t see them.

You’re lucky
I rode for 70 minutes with between 250 and 350 watts
People started congratulations for finishing the stage, while my timer sat at 30 minutes and km at 21.

I couldn’t even save my paltry progress.

1 Like

THIS JUST IN:

@Philip_Posen_1020 @Wattwell

4 Likes

Thanks @Mike_Rowe1 - I was just about to link to that.

@Wattwell closing the loop with you. Thanks for asking, and we appreciate your patience.

5 Likes

Thank you for listening and acting.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s problems rendering cyclists - since the November or December update it seems to only try rendering the closest 100 riders to me, which only causes things to look weird at the start. And that wouldn’t explain why the positions showed more entrants than people who entered the same cat as me.

Whatever the answer is, I’d really like to know for sure. Once a ride or race is under way I tend to give myself a target position to hold or aim for to motivate me, and it’s good to know which riders I’m measuring myself against - whether I can see them or not.

@David_Sc @Kate @Anthony_Cresswell_ZL @DMulherin @Philip_Posen_1020 and others who received the email linking to Le Col:

Apologies for the confusion this may have caused. This is the correct link.

We will be re-sending an email with this corrected URL as well, but we wanted you to hear it here.

Thank you all for flagging this up so we can get this fixed for other members!

1 Like

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post but I was kicked out of the event twice this evening at the start. It seemed to occur when I went to post a message both occasions. Running Zwift on iPhone casting to Apple TV. Think a few others had same issue.

Why are you running on your iPhone and casting to ATV, as opposed to just using the native ATV app?

Because my Apple TV is 3rd generation not 4th so no App Store to download Zwift to run direct. :slight_smile:

Hi Kate

I think with Le Col, there should be a discount code that you need to copy and paste somewhere in the check out page.

Ah! Makes sense. Time to start asking for Apple Store gift cards for the holidays!!

Blockquote

It worked but…

I had the TDZ shirt in Med size in my cart, then added another item to meet the threshold for the discount (IDK what the threshold is in US dollars, but my cart came to $154), the discount then worked, taking off $69.87 off my total cost. But when I went to check out, the TDZ shirt in Med is out of stock!!!

So I’m out, really ridiculous to advertise a discount that can’t be redeemed on DAY ! of the event.

Not cool Le Col.

General Classification is based on time. There seems to be a crazy point system but I can wait and see if the ZP link gets fixed. I appreciate the attempts to get this going last minute.
In my race (besides the bug where I can’t draft for the first twenty seconds) some riders took off at 4:00 pm (maybe 300) and then 500 of us were let loose four minutes later. It was odd as I was in the lead group(?) and we started passing some of the people who started four minutes earlier. Got a little confusing with traffic jams but I assume this was done to prevent too many from starting at the same time?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tour de Zwift Stage 1 glitchy?

Hello…
I did the first stage yesterday at 6pm. Unfortunately, this is not displayed to me as completed.
What can I do? :frowning:

2 Likes

No. See Tour de Zwift Stage 1 glitchy? - #69

1 Like