Tour de Zwift 2020 Cycling FAQ

I’m wondering if there’s a possibility to show the course profile for each ride and the correct amount of height meters.
The Bologna group ride A was quite a surprise. I thought it was 22k flat and then a 2k climb, but it turned out to be twice that climb. I only found that out at the top of the first climb that we were being sent back to the start and then the TT all over again. The height meters given were for 1 lap and not for the total 2.

A profile like shown on zwiftpower would help a lot.
I also miss this with other events. Sometimes an indication is in the description, but most of the time there’s no mention of the total height meters.
For someone not very fond of climbing, this is essential information.

Hi Jos,

This may be helpful.

And then also this one.

Thanks, I found those myself as well.
The 2nd one being the best, but this is a 3rd party website. Strange that Zwift doesn’t provide this data next to the selected ride in the Companion app.

1 Like

I know Group rides are no race (although the pace seems to be like one), but is there a possibility to see end scores when the race is finished? Or just the one screen after the finish line?

@Damian_Froklage it’s a third party site but if you sign up at Zwift Power (free) it provides what you are looking for. Also if you look at your activity in the Zwift Companion App it will have the standings.

Did you happen to start the ride slightly late? If so, you will get credit for completing the ride but you won’t get a final standing position since you did not actually ride as much as others who started together at the gates.

My Watopia stage that was finished isnt involved in my results. Is there any chance to get the stage because im not sure if ill have chance to make it up in the extra rides. Thank you for answers

Finished Stage 7 last night and all I got was an unlock of the TdZ kit that we all wore during the events. Apparently my definition of “nice and shiny” is quite different to Zwift’s definition.

2 Likes

@Umi_Sonada I think a lot of us feel that way. The email announcing the tour definitely misled people with their “something shiny” wording. Fingers crossed the unlock for the run isn’t just the TdZ run short, I’ll find out tomorrow when I finish that one.

2 Likes

I finished all seven stages and all I got was that barely wearable, certainly not “something shiny,” pastel and grey kit? Dang I feel like I just got bait and switched by a used car salesman. Not cool at all Zwift. You just got $120 million in investments slightly more than a year ago and all you could produce for an audience that hit your peak zwift multiple times was a pastel and grey jersey?

3 Likes

So the e-mail has that “View Make-Up Days Button”, upon clicking on it you get to… the regular stages page. Where do I register for the make-up events?

I don’t think they have released the schedule for the make up days yet. There are still a few days left of the final stage, so it should be available soon. Check back on Saturday, hopefully the make up times will be available by then.

1 Like

Thanks… It’s not the first time those e-mail buttons are useless.

yeah, neither nice nor shiny

what happened to the ‘nice and shiny’ reward?

From the Zwift sub on Reddit:

"I work on the game team here and can provide details on what went down. ZwiftHQ collectively wanted to make something unique for the TDZ unlock, and the game team went away with an idea that everybody thought might work, but weren’t sure yet. In the meantime, the communications team started messaging about it assuming it was ready to go (unbeknownst to the game team).

Fast forward a couple weeks, the cool thing ended up being actually ugly/lame, and the backup plan of the standard jersey was what went out. Ideas fail all the time between the idea phase and implementation phase in product development, so we just need to be more careful about what me message out.

Good intentions that didn’t play out all that well. Sorry about that!"

lol I have a tough time believing the ‘planned’ jersey was uglier/lamer than what we actually got

Can I make up a stage if I missed it

Hi @Mike_Mazzelli_HBCC, welcome to the forum.

Good news you can.

Makeup group rides are now released on the schedule.Monday Feb 10 has stages 1-5 repeated through the day, Tuesday same plus a few Stage 6 slots. Races are not there (yet).