Time Trial mode, and more!

User Interface Confusion

I rode Zwift Time Trials: Tempus Fugit just now, and found the new HUD very confusing for the end of the event.

Here it’s telling me I have 1km left to go, and have done 17.6km. Great, less than 2 minutes to go, so I go all in for the last bit.

But no! I pass the “finish line” and… nothing. Huh? The distance to go has been sitting at 0km for at least 100m now.

I’m confused. Have I finished? So I eased off, then thought I’d ride for a bit longer to see what happened. Picked up my phone to try and find the event distance. Oh, 20.4km? Well why has the UI dropped to 0 after 18.6?

Anyway, I pick it up again and finally get a finish like after… 19.5km.

What?!

The Companion event listing tells me 20.4km, the in-game UI counts me down to 18.6km, and I finish at 19.5km. Even if I knew about lead-ins I’d still only expect at most two different distances (and as it was, the “start line” was only 50m from the gate IIRC).

You can see a significant portion where I wasn’t on the gas while trying to work out what was going on. Sure, I’m not competing for anything more than pride, and I’ll know for next time. But to me it suggests the whole TT UI needs a bit more of a going over - and to try and get the distances to line up in different places.

5 Likes