Time to get a road bike?

Sounds sketchy or stolen. I would not go for that. You can check the registry but that’s not really a guarantee.

Out of curiosity, I called and asked why he was selling it and why so cheap. He said it is just sitting in his garage and needs a new home. Claimed he bought it used from some team in St. Louis before moving to Chicago. Told him I would think about it, then he said he updated components. That seemed really unlikely! When I got off the phone, it showed me his number was from Dallas! If I was a betting man, I would lay odds it is stolen.

Put a trainer tire on my bike and did a recalibration. Then I loaded Tempus Fugit to try it out. Kept stopping to change the tension, first a small amount in each direction, then larger and larger amounts in each direction. No matter which way I took it, my power was way down and the tension didn’t seem to make any difference.

Before I started changing tire pressure and calibration on the Kickr Snap-on, I could produce 240 watts for 40 minutes in 48-11 at 80 cadence. I get about half that wattage now.

So, I don’t know if my earlier numbers were vastly inflated for some reason or my new numbers are far off.