This morning, getting graphics stuttering since update

(Michael Wagner) #1

So this is a new issue I am now having. I updated Zwift this morning, and now there is a subtle stuttering in the rider animation and maybe the background as well. It happens every 10 or 20 seconds or so. I think my fps is also lower, but that is harder to check. 

Before this update Zwift was running smooth on the High setting for me. I am on a Windows 10 i7 PC with 8GB memory and a Nvidia GTX 670 card.

Other than the graphics issue, everything else seems to be fine. I am going to try again tonight after updating my graphics driver and possibly re-installing Zwift.

(Jeff Wulf sub2) #2

At least yours runs. Worked perfectly since day one, update AND… crash. Nothing I can do to get in, tried compatibility settings / admin / etc. 

(Billy Cravens) #3

Just reported exactly the same stuttering issue on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 running on high spec Windows 8 machine. Happened last night and tonight after the small update install yesterday.  Been using same machine on ultra mode for months with no issues. Think the update contained a graphics fix for some older NVIDIA cards and has caused problems with others…full re-install of ZWIFT didn’t resolve it either.

(Michael Wagner) #4

Day 3…updated drivers. Nothing else has changed since the Zwift update and the graphic stuttering is still occurring. It is even noticeable in the character customization screen, where the sample rider rotates around. He rotates very intermittent and not smooth at all since the update. Tried the various graphic levels and resolutions and absolutely no difference in stuttering. That update really hosed everything for me and I can’t really stand riding in the software now.

Guess I’m done with this software until they do another update. Been using Zwift since Beta, it has never done this before.

(Billy Cravens) #5

Have you guys raised support tickets? Otherwise I think they will lose track of these posts. I agree it’s not usable until this is fixed.

(Glen 'Tux' ZSUNR) #6

Guys…same problem here with 960/4G.  I have opened a ticket on Tuesday and awaiting the response.  If you disconnect your internet connection it runs smoothly.  This makes me suspect that manifest and other rider location updates are interrupting the game core somehow.  In the interim, load up your favorite workout and disconnect for smooth performance.

(Glen 'Tux' ZSUNR) #7

Also I wanted to make a comment to the Zwift developers.  These types of issues that affect customer experience should not make it out of your QA process.  If you guys are using monster machines with 980 class video cards and direct connections to locally connected server farms for your test bed then it is no surprise that the user community is finding these performance issues before you do.  Please test your releases against real world setups that are more common in the user community such as i5 class machines with 960 GPU are less over remote internet connections. It is very frustrating for those of us that have an hour to train to spend half of that hour troubleshooting our setup.  

You guys have done and amazing job and I am confident this issue will be solved.  Thanks

(Billy Cravens) #8

Thanks Glen - will try it offline later today and hopefully it runs smoothly. 

(Olivier Mouyau (Flux)) #9

Same issue for me. And it looks like it is affecting many people. 

Since the update,

Oli

(Billy Cravens) #10

Smooth ride with internet off right enough - no other riders but at least got ther graphic speed back. Definitely something to do with manifest updates or similar…

(Glen 'Tux' ZSUNR) #11

Guys I have asked support to monitor this string to understand that my ticket is not a solitary problem but is effecting other users.  I do know that 980 class GPU does not see this problem.  It would be interesting the see of we all have something in common in hardware.  If you dont mind, post your GPU, OS, and CPU type.  Perhaps there is common denominator.

(Billy Cravens) #12

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX745 4GB

OS - WINDOWS 8.1 64 BIT

CPU - INTEL CORE i7 4770

(Michael Wagner) #13

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GT 630 2GB

OS - Windows 10

CPU - i7 860 @ 2.8GHZ

(Glen 'Tux' ZSUNR) #14

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6600K 3.50GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Skylake)
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING ATX w/ USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1 SATA Express, 4 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)

(Olivier Mouyau (Flux)) #15

Brand new computer (not a single app installed on it except Chrome and Zwift.

• Processor: 3.8 GHz AMD FX-4300 quad- core Processor
  • Memory: 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM
  • Storage: 500GB Hard Disk Drive 
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForceGT 730 2GB dedicated graphics card 
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (full up to date)

(Glen 'Tux' ZSUNR) #16

thanks everyone-I have asked Jessica in support to take a look at our posts.  I still have not had a response from them but hopefully with the Holidays passed they will have some explanation shortly.  Will keep you updated.

(Olivier Mouyau (Flux)) #17

Also reported in this post : https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204972426-jumpy-graphics

(Olivier Mouyau (Flux)) #18

And this one : https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/203940113-FPS-erratic-since-dec-21st-update-GT730

(Mike Hanney [KRT] #W4R) #19

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 ti 2GB
OS - Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz

It’s not my old cpu; I had super smooth performance before the latest update (High 1080p, 45-60 fps avg). Stutter goes away when I disconnect network.
Tried lower graphics levels, tried v-sync on at 1/2 refresh rate in Nvidia controls - locks at 30 fps, still get the slight stutter. It’s very, very slight, but enough to aggravate my OCD for performance. All widows services and updates, that can be disabled, have been disabled. Happy to provide logs and do test if it helps. 

(Simon Oxenham [VC10]) #20

Same problem

GeForce GT 540M

Win10 Home 64 bit