The Highline Route - NOT awarding a badge

Looks like @Dan_Neesley went the wrong direction somehow right from the spawn point. Did you accidentally pull a u-turn?

Not four times! When I start a route it’s hands off til I’m done.

Ditto for the Meetup. All five of the Meetup riders did not all go off course, even if they might have known how to do manual turns, which they don’t.

This is not just me.

I did select the ride. Four times and once for a 5 person Meetup. We all got the same result. We did not ALL go off course. We rode the course with which we were presented.

Zwifters have noted this problem in the forums many times since Dec 2019. It almost seems like a cached data problem but I have tried to ride the route from the Zwift app on Apple TV4, and iPhone screen mirroring to Apple TV, all with the same bad results.

Tomorrow I’ll try from my iMac27. I’ll let you know if I’m successful.

2 Likes

Make sure you are force closing the app and power cycling the apple tv after each Zwift ride, for some magical reason that helps avoid a lot of buggy behavior.

2 Likes

Problem identified. And everyone is probably right…

If you start the Ride (or create a Meetup) on an iOS device, you get the wrong route.

I started from my iMac tonight and no problem.

I knew right away because the starting point was correct. Apparently Zwift support doesn’t consider that the platform OS/version might be the problem. I did get a few rather patronizing Zwift support links as to How to chose a ride.

I may be old (77) and weak but I’m persistent. All of the people I ride with use iOS devices so, of course, we had the same problem, even with the Meetup.

4 Likes

@shooj bug identified

Well done. I was about to ask people to identify which operating system they were on. Seems there are more bugs on ATV and iOS in general.

@Dan_Neesley thanks for the diligent bug hunting. You might make a good QA engineer!

So everyone knows - we are aware of route badges and meetups are bugged on the following NYC routes:

Highline
Everything Bagel
Lady Liberty
The 6 Train

We’re working on it!

5 Likes

Hi,

I did the “Highline” route in NY today as a meet-up.

It didn’t take me along the route.

More info. I was wrong about it being associated with iOS.

I wanted to do Lady Liberty today and didn’t want the same thing to happen as happened to me on The Highline.

I created a Meetup on iPhone and rode 1 mile of the route and saved and examined the route vs the real route. Not right again.

Then I called a riding friend who is on the dark side, Windows and Android. He created another Meetup for Lady Liberty on Samsung pad. Same result. Wrong route.

Being impatient with today not being a NYC scheduled world, and not wanting to wait until one week hence, I used the Zwift XML prefs hack to set NYC as the default world and successfully rode The Highline and Lady Liberty Airplaying my iMac27 to my Apple TV in the next room.

BT from Wahoo Kickr and Wahoo Tickr had sufficient range to allow me to use them without moving the iMac to the bike room. WOW!

It’s really ironic, of all the rides I’ve done since December 2018, I’ve had zero problems like this. I’m just getting to checking off all the NYC badges. Only Everything Bagel remains. I’m 76 so that ride will be done with a few rest stops, for certain.

FWIW - the new Meetup feature of hiding others and keeping groups together are a real bonus to us old guys, all 74 and up. In a group we take turns dragging each other up the hills.

KUDOs to Zwift.

1 Like

FWIW - I’ve done all the NYC routes exclusively on AppleTV without issue.

2 Likes

I’ve done all on Win 10 PC without issues, but not in meetups - that seems to be bugy.

Sorry this might revive a 6-month-old topic but I’m wondering if the NY - The Highline issues have been resolved and also, if I arrange a meetup, can I avoid the lead-in. I’m knackered from this week’s training but without the lead in this is an easy badge and a good potential recovery ride. I’m windows and Android BTW. Cheers!

I did the Highline today. It is supposed to be 10k I was up to 15k and still wasn’t at the end. I use an AppleTV.

That’s because the Highline has a long lead-in. The route itself is 10.5km with a 10km lead-in so to get the badge you need to ride 20.5km. I’d recommend utilizing sites like ZwiftHub.com or zwiftinsider.com to get info about route distances and lead-ins for future rides. All routes have some lead-in distance (some are quite long ones too).

1 Like

Blimey! I know you need to ride a little longer with routes but twice the distance! That’s just strange! Sometimes you just have 40 mins or so to have a ride. There’s got to be a system!

I use these to analyse rides but on some you can avoid the lead on by arrange a meeting to ride the course. I’ll check it now.

I rode this recently. I created a meetup which spawns you some way north of the start/finish of the route according to Zwift hub/insider. You have to ride down to the very bottom of the course and centre of the horizontal base to get to the start then all the way around and back to this point to get the badge. About 16.4 k. Nice little route.

Greetings today I ran the route twice and it did not give me the badges Is not working for my and muy update is ok

Greetings today I ran the route twice and it did not give me the badges