Take a screenshot automatically

Would be cool if Zwift takes a screenshot automatically when riders accomplish something like LevelUp, Badge, Higher FTP etc.

“FTP increase” is one of the most wanted and shared screenshots, but it’s not possible to make it via Companion like others. You have to switch on your camera and take a picture of your screen. Would be great to add the option to Companion.

1 Like

Also want to add taking a screenshot of the screen that shows the summary of a Meetup ride.

This would allow people to have comparable results for the meetup. Not everyone ends their ride right after the meetup ends.

This, or some sort of lap button functionality. Or built-in segment analysis in Zwift.

good idea!

Would love the ability to get Zwift to Auto screenshot my achievements. For instance… if I get an FTP Bump or make it up Alpe du Zwift and I want to share the moment. I may be too stuffed to do it myself. Or I may be finishing a route and exiting Zwift before I’m told about the FTP bump but can’t screenshot it. Or if I get a badge / level up

Please please do this…

1 Like

FYI You get a little achievement when you look at your activity on myzwift or on companion.

But I understand you want a pretty picture.

I want the pretty screenshot…

The route replay feature is really cool. However the screenshot would be better

2 Likes

If someone has or gets accurate screenshots of these, I may be able to detect them and trigger the camera automatically as a feature of this Windows add-on I made:

By accurate, I mean a JPG screen shot captured by Zwifts own F10 key, or a BMP or PNG from another screen capture tool. The compressed images I can find on the web shift the colors too much.

It would be fun to make this work!

1 Like

It would be nice to have multiple settings for when to take photos while’s Zwifting. Example, take an image when I complete a route, my highest wattage achieved, leveled up and so many more.

You can use the companion app to take photos.

The way I read OPs idea was to have Zwift automatically snap photos for certain events that they mentioned that way if you were distracted or couldn’t get to your keyboard/companion app quick enough there is still a photo of your achievement.

2 Likes

The CA is only boarderline functional where it comes to capturing screen images (thankfully not as broken as in-game F10 screen capture, which is completely broken - by design).

Should one be interested in capturing ride images, I would suggest one should lookup a third-party solution.

I would like this to be automatically, for things that are important to me

1 Like

This would be really great!

You do realize Zwift is already (kind of…) doing that? (automatically taking pictures)

But the whole thing is a mess, and it seems Zwift simply does not care.

Adding a feature which automatically takes screenshot when you complete a timed section (route/sprint/kom) capturing the completion time allowing you to look up your times from >30days ago.

It would be cool to get a screenshot of the race finish. A screenshot of the sprint for the podium would be the highlight of the race. Especially if you are part of it :slight_smile: This would much more interesting than a screenshot taken randomly at ca 20 min into the race.

2 Likes

Another vote for automatically screen grabbing at the end, especially the ftp increase pop up.
It’s a pain to grab on Apple TV / iOS

2 Likes

Yes. This.