Tacx Satori smart(Resistence)

(David Zaydenberg) #1

I can seem to find info about the tacx satori smart being able to change resistance by its own/game(zwift) despite it being a smart trainer… can anyone help me with that? 

HERE : https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/203152565-Which-trainers-does-Zwift-support-

it doesnt show the satori…

*i want to buy the trainer

(Paul Allen) #2

The Satori only broadcast watts, it is not a controllable trainer. 

I have use a Satori for about 2years and it works well.

(David Zaydenberg) #3

ok, it does everything from showing watts rpm and everything except being able to change resistance by its own… so how can i make my ride accurate when i start getting on a hill or a decent? what gear should i run to make it perfectly similar? 

(Paul Allen) #4

Make sure the trainer is calibrated and ride. Just because it doesn’t change resistance doesn’t mean you get a free pass up hills, you still have to put out the watts to get up them. You can use the manual resistance lever to increase the trainers resistance or you can shift gears on the bike to produce more watts. 

Are you new to Zwift? 

Zwift uses the watts you put out, your weight, type of in game bike, in game drafting and in game elevation changes to determine your in game speed. Using the Satori is not going to make everything flat within Zwift, you will still slow down going up hills and speed up going down.

(David Zaydenberg) #5

but if i dont use the satori lever at uphills. but change my gears to higher to ride faster i will fill nothing but straight road and it will be like cheating because i will feel going straight but a lot faster because the resistance wont change automatically…!! what can you say about that?

(David Zaydenberg) #6

What do you say?

(Paul Allen) #7

Your choice, it’s still the same watts just 2 different ways of doing it If you want a more realistic climbing experience then you will need to get a Kickr Climb.

(David Zaydenberg) #8

any suggestions of what level lever i should put for what incline % ? and decent it will be probably 1 yea?

(David Zaydenberg) #9

Any suggestions guys?

(PANAGIOTIS KOYROYTZOGLOY) #10

Yes, I would like somebody to tell us how to simulate it? So, Level 1, what does it really mean?

(Joe Mason) #11

Hey,

Im new to Zwift and have been trying to figure out the same issue with my Tacx Satori Smart trainer. TBH because it said smart, I thought that Zwift would auto adjust the resistance on the trainer. It doesn’t on this trainer but I guess thats why it was the price it was!

It’s still a really good trainer. I was getting totally lost with all the watts, rpms, resistance, inclines etc and then figured, i’ll just ride as hard as I can and see what happens.

I found out that the best way to simulate going up hill is by making sure your smashing out watts. You’ll go up the hill faster and it will feel hard.

So either putting up the resistance or putting the bike into a higher gear. Maybe even both!

Personally, I found that the more watts I put out, the faster I went and the more I sweated like crazy and the more I enjoyed it - thus simulating the effect.

What does Level 1 really mean? I’d take some of the literal visual feedback with a pinch of salt, even if I was on a trainer that cost £1K. I took a corner at 40MPH and then rode straight through someone.

Im not sure thats even London either.

:wink:

(Aaron Duel) #12

I’ve been using the resistance lever to replicate incline percentage, so far so good. Lever position is always incline% +1 as 0% (i.e. flat ground) is lever position 1 (lowest position). Not sure if this is how it is meant to be worked out, but has been working well so far.