Tacx Bushido for Tablet

EDIT: Great news for owners of a Bushido for Tablet. Tacx has made a firmware update available which makes it controllable trough BTLE in combination with the zwift app. Just update the Bushido trough the tacx utility app and let the magic happen.

Thnx Tacx & Zwift

Any chance this trainer is going to be supported. Problem with this trainer it only communicates through BTLE. The newer Bushido is of course already supported by Zwift.

It would be awesome to let Zwift take control over my Bushido.

Kudos for the great work you’re doing!!

Hi Maurice, 

What exact model do you have? We’ll try find out for you, however if it’s an old model not many people have - it’s unlikely to be supported by us. 

Thank you

Thanks! It’s the T2790. I think there are lots of people with this trainer. It’s the predecessor of the smart version, it only lacks the ANT+ broadcasting. 

Ok, so we do support Bluetooth already but it’s in BETA program and it only works with limited number of devices. You also need a smart phone  which we use as ‘‘bridge’’ to connect your trainer. Chances are your trainer might function as a BLE power meter already. Please click HERE for step by step manual and give it a try. 

Thank you

Thanks for the answer Tom. I already got the powertap P1 pedals as a powermeter, which I currently use for moving along on Zwift. I’m just curious if my trainer can be used as a genuine smart trainer, where zwift controls the resistance.

Ohh I see,

In that case the answer is 100% no but it might became compatible this summer if we decide to do the coding etc. Unfortunately we can’t tell you for sure as there are many trainers we have to do and your trainer might be low priority due to its age. 

I hope it make sense. 

Great news for owners of a Bushido for Tablet. Tacx has made a firmware update available which makes it controllable trough BTLE in combination with the zwift app. Just update the Bushido trough the tacx utility app and let the magic happen.

Thnx Tacx & Zwift

Does the announcement of Zwift for iPad and iPhone mean that the Bushido for Tablet will now work directly?

I can’t get my Bushido for Tablet to connect to the Tacx Utility App. Also checking the Tacx website the T2790 (Bushido for Tablet) doesn’t appear to be listed as a supported trainer?

http://www.tacx.com/service/software-updates/utility-app-smart-trainers

UPDATE: According to Tacx support, the Bushido for Tablet will not work with Zwift, either on PC/Mac or iOS.

@Alan and Nik,

It will still most likely need the firmware update as, previously, Tacx’s signal was not useable by Zwift. If the Tacx Utility App isn’t connecting then you will have to contact Tacx support for a solution.

We do not have the Bushido for Tablet in-house to test so we cannot independently verify that it works.

If anyone DOES have one and has gotten it to work, please let us know.

Can anyone confirm who posted this update?

"EDIT: Great news for owners of a Bushido for Tablet. Tacx has made a firmware update available which makes it controllable trough BTLE in combination with the zwift app. Just update the Bushido trough the tacx utility app and let the magic happen.

Thnx Tacx & Zwift"

Neither Tacx or Zwift seem to know anything about it. Tacx are saying there’s no firmware update for the T2790 (Bushido for Tablet) and that the only Bushido trainer that works with Zwift is the FE-C compatible T2780 (Bushido Smart)

That will be me!!!

I believe the information is incorrect. Tacx have confirmed to me that only the Bushido Smart is compatible with Zwift. There is no a firmware update for the Bushido for Tablet T2790 that will enable it to work with Zwift.

If anyone has information to the contrary or even better has got their T2790 to work with Zwift then please let me know.

Thanks

I have successfully updated the Firmware on my Bushido T2790 using my IPhone and the Tack Utility App. After the update I have installed swift on the IPhone and was able to connect to the trainer. My first ride experience in Watobia was that the swift app was able to control the resistance of the trainer and I got the power reading, cadence and speed.

On a second test I was even able to connect the Bushido trainer to my Garmin Edge 520. 

I will try with Zwift for iPad with my bushido in the next days.

You should verify that no other app is connected via BT to the Bushido and you should keep on pedaling while searching for the Bushido with the utility app.

Thanks for the update. That’s great to know. Unfortunately for me, I’m an Android user :frowning:

I was also able to do a Firmware update just now through the utility app. I couldn’t do this before so looks like Tacx have done something.

The mobie link bluetooth workaround described in this article still doesn’t work with Windows though.

Not worth buying iPhone or iPad just for Zwift for me.

Updated my Tacx BushidoT2790s firmware using the Tacx Utility App and installed Zwift on my iPad Air2 - works fine!

How did you manage to do the update?
I can’t find my T2790 on my Utility App

Hi, I have the same problem too. I have the Utility App v. 1.4.1. In Iphone 5s and it doesn’t find the T2790 trainer.

Hi there. For updating my T2790 I used an android based (at first I didnt notice that Zwifts mobile app only works with iOS) phone and it worked fine.

Switched on bluetooth on the phone and started the Uility App; after some time pedalling on the T2790 it was detected by the app.

I’ve managed to connect through my wife’s Android.
It says there is no update for my trainer.
The current firmware is 3.0.31

Is this the right version?