Stuck with mountain bike & Zwift won’t let me switch

Every time I open the app, the default bike is a mtn bike and I need to change it back to road bike. How do I set and retain default as road bike?

@Clarkie Welcome to the forum,

In my support ticket with Zwift regarding the issue, they said it’s a bug, and to wait till the end of the month when the Cape Epic challenge is over, and then everything should be back to normal.

Yep I have the same problem

Mod says the issue was fixed, but I’m still having the same issue. App has been updated on AppleTV.

My avatars bike suddenly changed to a mountain bike. I have tried to change the bike back to racer, but it seems hopeless! If it lets me change the bike, the avatar do not start riding. When I try to change the bike after started the ride, the bike opportunity is of.

You need to completely stop (no watts and speed 0) before you can change bikes.

Some Events can dictate, what bike you have to use.
Tour of Watopia Stage 4 (The Jungle) puts you on the Zwift MTB.

1 Like

What about for Windows users?

Hi I’m stuck on a Gravel bike. Even if I go to the garage and change at the start of a race. It reverts back to the cervelo gravel bike. Its been like this for about a week

I cant see any radio button to deselect a mission. It’s also past the end of the month. At the start if each event I have to change the bike. You lose the pack and that makes it super difficult and even more annoying

@Steven_Lumsden
Have you updated your game app yesterday / today? You should not be seeing the Cape Epic frame upon startup you’ve been seeing in March if you’re on the latest game version.

Yes makes no difference still stuck on the gravel bike really frustrating. No response from zwift yet. I also cant see comments from other people during events and keep being awarded jerseys as though I’m the only person in the race

@shooj is the forum manager from Zwift HQ :wink:

Were you in one of the Cervelo gravel rush events? they default you to a certain bike on these events.

Edit: just looked you.up on the companion app and no it wasn’t the gravelnrush series. But I see your screenshots are just black screens. :thinking:

Had the same problem this morning on the appleTV, no radio button to deselect MTB. Zwift was on latest update.
Upgrade was available for appleTV, Upgraded my appleTV and I was then able to change bikes. If no upgrade is available, try shutdown “unplug” power, if you have not done this yet. Hope this works.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t switch bikes in The Garage [1.25.0] [May 2022]