Strava deletes all zwift segments except for zwift insider verified ones

There is one sprint in Richmond (reverse) that is this short. But in the various Strava segments that (used to) exist there were LOTS of them, which is what I think Twoshihtzu was referring to.

For a tool which such poor integral tracking of history (30 day PRs) it just seems a very odd move when clearly ZwiftInsider haven’t geared up for the change with a critical mass of verified segments.

1 Like

Remember this is not a Zwift Issue it is Strava that made the change.

3 Likes

Can we just get a Zwift Insider verified “very intens”?

2 Likes

agreed this is not zwift’s fault at all, but it does greatly hinder our ability to analyze our efforts on zwift.

Fully agree

1 Like

Maybe @Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn can make more verified segments?

He’s on it. Tell him in comments which ones you want.

2 Likes

Would have been great if Strava left what was there (locked it down perhaps), allowed for “certified” segments to be added publically and eliminated the public proliferation. Eliminating all the segments is a blow to us all.

1 Like

We can’t do the sprint segments because Strava says they’re too short! This has been a problem for years now… grrrr…

I just wouldn’t feel right re-creating that fine piece of work! Or this one: Rickrolled in Richmond | Zwift Insider

1 Like

Delete (or make private) all your Zwift segments Eric. I’d love to see the stuff really hit the fan then.

2 Likes

This is great news! There was so much rubbish for segments - had to keep hiding them and staring the Insider ones.

All we need now is for Strava to use the official Zwift Maps for virtual rides that originate from Zwift so the map looks right - that would be amazing.

Ha! Brilliant idea.

1 Like

Except that this is an obvious area of mutual interest on which Zwift should have worked together with Strava long ago – unless they did, and it failed, or this is the result.

2 Likes

I’m happy to see this, there were far too many, redundant segments.
It seems that there will be new ones, created by those at Zwift Insider, and that’ll take a while.
Hopefully we get (at minimum) these as segments:
All sprints & KOM’s
All routes, both with & without the lead-in
All full climbs, like the Epic KOM & Radio Tower combined.

Of course there are others that cry to be segments, like the short steep climb in Innsbruck or maybe the stairs out of the subway in London.

The majority of what you listed already exists w/the exception of many sprints. The problem with sprints is that many/most of them are too short and Strava will not allow a segment to be created. I believe the threshold is 300m :man_shrugging:

Yes, but because there were so many overlapping & redundant segments it was difficult to isolate one’s that represented what I was looking for.
I will miss the “Leg Snapper” in Innsbruck, but that’ll be back, or I could just create it to track my progress.

leg snapper is still there, but for some reason only lists 2 of my efforts (slow ones) which is bizarre because i have ridden it many times. i thought it may take a few hours to repopulate the leaderboards, but this has been since morning. i have a bunch of innsbruck activities where i clearly go up leg snapper and it doesn’t register.

@josh_flanagan_slowtw That’s because the ZwiftInsider Leg Snapper segment was only created very recently (the other segments called Leg Snapper obviously having now been deleted) and Strava does not backdate virtual segments like they do for outdoor rides. So only those rides you’ve done since the segment was created will register.

There is a way to force this, but it’s a pain to do. You’ll have to visit every ride you’ve done in Innsbruck, go to Edit and change the activity type from Virtual Ride to something else (for example ‘Ride’). Strava should recognise that this is a Zwift ride and immediately correct it to Virtual again (if it does not, you can Edit again and do it yourself), but this will be enough to force Strava to re-check what segments you matched.

NOTE - just choosing the option ‘Refresh Activity Achievements’ does NOT do this, contrary to people’s expectations. That just refreshes whether you got a gold/silver/bronze PR medal or not.

3 Likes