Stages SB20 firmware thread

Hi

If people like it we could discus the Stages SB20 firmware releases here… ( please vote if you like the idea :slightly_smiling_face: )
I could be nice to hear other users experiences, also get a warning if an update introduces unwanted “features” :thinking:

To start it off, what do you think of the new 1.10.2 firmware with the gradient delay disabled ?

Personally I found the delay/softness of the previous version to much, sort of taking away a lot of the ride experience on routes like the Titan Groove, but great for “spinning like” constant power up the Alp.
I find the new version very ( perhaps to much :thinking: ) realistic, definitely requiring some action on the shifters when riding the Titan Grooves.

Maybe an option in the Stages Link App to configure the smoothness of how hard/quick the gradient changes affects the resistance could be nice - what do you think ?

BooX

Hi!! Yesterday I installed a new firmware update for my Stages SB20. I have searched for it on Stages site but couldn’t find any info about its features. Any idea what does it include?? Thank you!!
BTW, I’m really happy with the bike.

I eventually found this:

1 Like
Date: 7/16/21 (m/d/y)

Current Firmware Release #: v1.12

Replaces Release #: v1.11.2

Improvements:

Faster reactions to target power changes while in Erg mode.
Gearing improvements.
Increased reliability between the app and bike for showing the correct gear.
Improved logic of gearing to prevent issues when gear settings are sent to the bike.
Improved power meter connection.
Bug Fixes:

Changing virtual setups (or the app disconnecting and reconnecting) will no longer cause instances of the bike resetting gearing while riding.

Looks like a very nice update with great improvements.
I didn’t notice this one was out and will probably update and test during the weekend ( depending on the danish weather ) :slightly_smiling_face:

And I’m pretty sure the release notes earlier today mentioned pairing with Zwift was improved, but is gone now :thinking:

BooX

1 Like

Just upgraded to v1.12 and for the first time in several months I’m able to connect to Win10 using bluetooth instead of Ant+.
I’m not able to tell If it’s Zwift or Stages or a combination, that has got their stuff right again, but it’s nice to be able to choose between Ant+ and BT again - AND ! I think that if we’re ever to see gear display support in Zwift it will require BT connection :thinking:

The plan is to take the SB20​:bike: on the Alp for a test tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

BooX

Hi @BooX , I didn’t see your post. I’ll give it a try via BT again. I’ll report back how it went. Thanks!

New Firmware has been out for a few days now:

Date: 1/10/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.12.3
Replace Release #: v1.12.2

Bug Fixes:

• Shifting while riding Erg mode no longer causes changes in resistance.
  • Shifting while in Erg mode no longer causes the gearing display of the Stages Cycling app to jump unexpectedly when reverting back to Sim mode.

Nothing about steering or button usage.

1 Like

I actually sold mine, best decision ever :blush:

BooX

Did you notice changes to your power profile after switching to a different trainer?

1 Like

I have a Neobike too and I would say I feel like they are very similar in reported power ( gut feelings ) - when the Stages is properly calibrated :blush:

But the Stages just didn’t fit my riding style so mentally I couldn’t hit those “crazy” numbers I do once a month when PR hunting :flushed:

Currently on a Neobike and Wahoo Bike v1 and I get exactly the same numbers on both :white_check_mark::+1::grinning:

BooX

1 Like