Sprint times and Sprint Jerseys

We did 6 laps on Richmond flat course last week and this. The sprint times chart doesn’t keep your times it refreshed every lap so the person that had green got beat by a slower time. Is this something new or a glitch?

Thanks

I’ve noticed this as well. It seems to be a change in the way jerseys are awarded. I don’t like the change - if you take a jersey, you can no longer be certain you actually have the fastest time.

1 Like

Same thing yesterday, we had some sub 13 second times one lap, and the next lap the fastest and top of leader board was > 13 seconds.

The rider posting the sub 13 second time was still riding on the second lap and continued to the end of the Event.

Looks like a bug to me.

1 Like

Just linking this “General Discussion” on a Sprint Issue on Richmond Flat. AJ

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think it’s a new feature. A few folks noted it a couple days ago.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/sprint-jersey-changes/552924

I don’t think it’s limited to Richmond or even to sprints. I think it’s also affecting all jerseys including KOMs/QOMs. Today I had the pleasure of rolling through the Lutscher QOM banner twice and noticed the same thing. Second effort slower times replaced faster first ones for all.

2 Likes

Please Zwift fix this bug!!!
It is completely ruining a significant part of the Zwift experience when you train hard for these events and sprint sections :persevere:

1 Like

Hi - Since last update it is not showing the jersey icon next to your name when you take the sprint jersey - I noticed the same for some other riders but sometimes seeing other jerseys as pic shows but as the double jersey sometimes incorrectly - please fix this bug for the jersey addicts!! :crazy_face:
Thank you
:ride_on:

1 Like

I saw this bug as well last night. I also was top of the female sprint board and didn’t get a jersey awarded.

1 Like

Yeah . Its definately one of a load of bugs that seem to have been introduced in the last 2 releases . Everyone is away riding outdoors in the Northern Hemisphere so I guess they are not getting too much feedback to fix these things . Going to be right noisy in october time when folks come back.

This bug involves not showing the jersey next to your name in the nearby list if you are wearing the jersey itself ( e.g. you are on the circuit) but will show it next to your name when you are not wearing it ( e.g. On the reverse circuit ) . Seems zwift , with absolutely no user requests to do so have been changing the way the jerseys are handed out . … :unamused: It used to be best time in the last 1 hour , now it seems to be best LAST time by a user ( most easy to verify this if you do a short circuit with a jersey where the time set will be as you cross the line each time ) . I cant find anyone requesting this feature …

1 Like

Thanks for the replies - please Zwift fix this bug it is ruining a very important part of of our Zwift experience there is currently no way of knowing if you have taken a Jersey during an event now until it finishes :frowning_face:
We work hard training for these sprint sections and it has been ruined at the moment :tired_face:

1 Like

Over the last month I’ve noticed that when I win a sprint jersey (at any venue) I no longer hold the jersey for one hour (or until another beats my time). What is happening is, when I win a sprint, I’ll continue one lap and then approach that same sprint again. I’ll soft pedal through the finish line and my 1st place time disappears; the board then posts my most recent time (in way less than one hour). This has occurred every time I win a sprint over the last month (July 2021). Anyone? Thanks!

1 Like

Not that I’m a good measuring tool for winning green jerseys (as I’m probably only as fast a M-80 propelled snail), but yes I’ve noticed since the update the way Sprints are tracked is a bit different. I’ve been doing mainly group rides and noticed a few days ago that for group rides your Sprint time stays on the board until you loop through again (someone can top your time on a subsequent lap), thus no jersey truly awarded in game until last pass through the Sprint.

I’ve also seen where I’m in the top 7% or so of Sprint times on a free ride, end the ride and Zwift indicated that I got a Sprint jersey. I assumed that was because faster times aged off of the board, but it happens frequent enough to notice (and the fact that my Sprint times seem more accurate in ZwiftPower than what gets recorded to Strava). :man_shrugging:t6:

1 Like

@MarkB4 it happened again this morning, only this time I actually wore the green jersey for a few minutes. When it disappeared it was replaced by the Sprint Jersey indicator next to my name in the UI. (Coincidently I ended up riding behind the person who capped it after me). When the ride was over, Zwift didn’t acknowledge the achievement, other then noting it was a PR.

1 Like

I noticed in my Crit City race yesterday as well that the leaderboards only showed the most recent time for everybody, only the 30-day PR one was showing my actual fastest time as well as all the other laps. Smells like a bug to me…

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too, Fuego Flats Reverse where. The jersey will remain only for one lap or less, even if it’s some crazy time like 9 minutes.

Same with Titans Grove KOM.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a significant difference in the way sprint jerseys are awarded. It used to be if you had the fasted sprint within the last hour you retained the jersey - even if on a subsequent lap you post a slower time. If you retained the jersey, you knew you had the fastest time of all the riders currently on the course. Now it seems only your most recent effort is used to determine jersey ranking. This change makes winning a jersey rather a hollow achievement. You can no longer be certain you own the fastest effort of the riders currently on the course.

As an example, someone could have posted a 10.0s sprint on their first lap (taking the jersey), then a 12.0s sprint on their second lap (let’s say this is the second fastest time at the moment - they retain the jersey, now hold it with the 12.0s sprint - not the 10.0 sprint). If I come along and post an 11.0s sprint, I will take the jersey - that seems wrong. They’re still in the world and hold a faster time than me - why should I have their jersey?

Somehow it feels wrong to wear a jersey you might not have earned, or to lose a jersey to a time posted that is slower than your best effort in the last hour. I much preferred the previous method of jersey awarding - the timeout made it impermanent (which is good), but also let you know at least you had the top time in the past hour.

3 Likes

I agree, Jason. Thanks for pointing this out. It also makes group rides that focus on competitive repeating sprint circuits harder to track in terms of who posted the best time during a session.

4 Likes

As group ride leader that uses Richmond The sprint thing has messed up what was a great competition. Does anyone know if a glitch or change.

3 Likes

Same here!! Over the last month I’ve noticed that when I win a sprint jersey (at any venue) I no longer hold the jersey for one hour (or until another beats my time). What is happening is, when I win a sprint, I’ll continue one lap and then approach that same sprint again. I’ll soft pedal through the finish line and my 1st place time disappears; the board then posts my most recent time (in way less than one hour). This has occurred every time I win a sprint over the last month (July 2021). Anyone? Thanks!

1 Like

This must be a glitch, right Zwift? New fix coming?

1 Like