Spotty Sterzo Bluetooth connection

Reminder.
Our problem is still not listed in “Known Issues”.

• We have to live with it until Zwift knows I guess.

So all of you, place a support ticket to Zwift in this matter. Select technical issue.

Done a ticket. Maybe sthg has done with the new ZC (BT fixes) Zwift-Game-Update (in Game Steering-Sterzo).

Let’s hope that there will be an update. I have not seen any plans for update of the ZC. Only new ver Zwift with calibration of the Sterzo.
I have been running the setup on PC and iPad and it works stable. So this definitely seem to
be a Companion problem only.

I have had little to no issues with connection the Sterzo to my Win10 PC using the ZCA.

What I do is not activate the Sterzo or connect the ZCA until the Zwift App on the PC is at the Pairing Screen.

Heh Buddy!

Do you pair turn off the Bluetooth on the app and use PC Bluetooth for connection?

ta

I got this answer from support today. Does not help I am afraid. They have my feedback.
Their solution is basically:

• See that the BT are working okay.
  • Assure that the unit running Companion is WiFi only and mobile networks are not interfering.
    All of you with problems, place support tickets!

The first thing we want to do is get a fresh install of Zwift Companion on your device.

Once you’re logged in correctly, there are a few general reasons we’ve seen that cause Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices not to connect with Zwift and a few that are specific to the kind of mobile device you have. Check out this article for a few reasons you might be having BLE issues.

If the steps above haven’t corrected your connection issue or don’t apply, try turning on Airplane Mode. For steps on how to do that, take a look at this article .

This will force your phone to use WiFi only and will prevent your phone from switching to cellular data which will drop your connection to the Zwift Companion. If you need to make or receive phone calls from the phone that you’re using Zwift Companion on, you can disable cellular data on the phone instead of turning on Airplane mode.

Next, look at the BLE phone icon in the top-left of the Zwift pairing screen in-game to see if it’s connected. Check out this article for pairing screen BLE icons.

Sterzo - Companion - FIXED (hopefully) :crossed_fingers:

I contacted Elite and they supplied a new firmware (four files) to the Sterzo steering unit. After upgrade it seems to work! At least so far, a couple of days, so let’s keep the fingers crossed.
The Sterzo is updated by a separate app (iPhone or Android). The firmware needed to be manually added to the app (via iTunes). Only running the app responds that the unit is up to date.

At last. Hopefully it continues to work.
What is the app called that is required to perform the upgrade and what name is the upgraded software and where exactly can that be found? Thanks

The app is “Upgrado”. But my guess is that I installed some pre-release manually. I got the files by mail. If you supply me your email address i can send you the files and instruction. Use a direct message if you prefer.

Hi Hakan, can you send the files to email removed, not having any luck connecting

1 Like

Connecting his Strezo Smart is a joke. What magic words to you have to say to get this piece of crap to connect?
I have used it 6 times since I received it last week. First time - it connected fine. The next 5 times I used it - it took between 3 and 8 tries to get it to connect (every time using the the companion app on my iPhone 11). Today - I just spent 30 minutes trying to get it to connect - nada. The iPhone bluetooth shows ‘Connected’, but it will not connect to Zwift. I’ve tried every combination of opening Zwift - then the Companion app - and vice versa. I’m ready to box this thing up and send it back. The only thing that has changed since the lat time I had a successful connection was a Zwift update when I opened Zwift today. Now - nothing. Any ideas of what I can do next will be appreciated.

Please refer to what I posted earlier in the thread that works for me every time.

That’s one of the few things I *didn’*t try. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

1 Like

As mentioned earlier, I contacted Elite and they provided a new firmware to the unit. After installing that is has been working for three weeks now. So far there is no “automated” update and you need to do this “manually”. I have distributed the package to several users now and they all say it works.
Please provide your email (DM) to me if you want the files and instruction.
I assume that Elite will come with official firmware version any time otherwise.

2 Likes

Can you send me the files please?

Found the upgrado app and checked current firmware on the sterzo and it’s telling me it’s up to date but I suspect Elite have sent you later firmware.

Hi,
The manual package is newer even though it says it is up to date.
Please provide your email so I can send the files.

Email address removed.

Please PM your email, it is against Forum Guidelines to post your email address.

Thanks!

Hi,
Just send me a direct message in this forum with your mail address. That works.

Unfortunately I believe I am unable to do this via DM Hakan because my account in the forum’s was new as of yesterday and I still have a “basic” not “member” account and cannot see any of the options to DM you.

That may change in a few days in which case I will try and get you my email address.

Thanks

Try now.