Specialized Roval Climbing Series

Well if Zwift are seemingly not listening to us , perhaps they will listen to Specialized/Roval when they start asking why potential customers are reporting the experience which I am sure is being run to promote there new products is pretty poor and not implemented properly.

support@rovalcomponents.com

2 Likes

Got a UPG this morning which will hopefully be fixed at some point.
Another problem with this series is that the side bar of riders nearby shows riders from the other categories even though they are on completely different courses. So it might be telling you that you are in position 56 when you are actually much closer to the lead and you sometimes cannot see any times for the next riders ahead or behind because it is full of riders from other categories.

4 Likes

Just got UPG on the C route. Zwiftpower is making a mess of this still.

Yes that too . Although that is not specific to this event as this seems to be a common issue introduced in some recent release .

Looks like zid=2204185 is also affected by this with everyone getting UPG

Hey everyone,

Thanks for letting us know what’s going on with these events. We were made aware of this late last week and believed at the time we had done the work to remedy the issue, though it’s clear that work didn’t bear any fruit for you all.

After some digging, the reason for these results being marked with UPG is because of a larger underlying issue that we have identified and are working on at the moment. While it will not be fixed immediately, we believe that once the solution is implemented we’ll be able to go back and adjust the results accordingly.

For now, please refrain from posting any more event IDs/links, as I think it’s safe to say this is affecting the entire Roval Climbing Challenge (and even some other races here and there).

Your communication and feedback is always appreciated, and because of this we found where to root out the problem.

Ride On.

4 Likes

Hi, after the last zwift update I continue with the same problem.
The specialized Roval events:
Day 7/23/21 I carry out an event in group D, the Lutscher tour leaves the UPG label and also in zwift power it leaves as if it had made another route in Alpe road to sky.
Day 24/7/21 I carry out an event in group C, the watopia mountain 8 tour leaves the UPG label and also in zwift power it leaves as if it had done another tour in Alpe road to sky.
Day 7/29/21 I carry out an event in group B tour come top leaves UPG label and also in zwift power it leaves as if it had done another tour in Alpe road to sky.
my zwift power profile is ( zwiftpower./profile.php?z=1813196 ))
3 out of 4 events are output again the UPG tag
thanks

1 Like

So this happened earlier this week but then was fixed. But it happened again today. ZwiftPower shows UPG and blocks results where it shouldn’t. The letter categories for the climb challenge correspond to routes, not race categories. Hoping it will get fixed again this time. Would love to see my results. Thanks!

I hasnt been fixed . I beleive Zwift support have said they are “looking at it” but I am not seeing any fixes being applied .

Glad I saw this. Pointless riding this event today then. Hoped to do the Mountain 8 ride, but not going to bother as I don’t want an UPG on my Zwiftpower profile.

So frustrating! I think they’re overwhelmed right now with all the issues related to the last update. Hopefully will be fixed soon. Thanks.

Likewise . I enjoyed participating in the one I did … but getting UPG , no thanks , avoid .

Consider letting Specialized Roval team know that we are totally turned off there event (and hint there brand) because of it .

I had the UPG on my ZP account after the “Mountain 8” (it’s really just Epic with a Radio Tower bonus kicker) event. I posted on here and it got fixed a coupla days later. It was a “fun” event if anything with Radio Tower can be assigned that designation.

Today I die the ven-top event of SPECIALIZED ROVAL CLIMBING CHALLENGE T’S & C’S. I think category A, B, C and D are Just the routes in this event? No??
As a A-rider I am now disqualified in zwiftpower… someone can help me?

This will be helpful for you: Specialized Roval Climbing Series

1 Like

I don’t believe they will fix it… Where can you report it??
It would be nice that zwiftpower is just correct and honest

1 Like

Can you also Fix this event… As a A-rider I wanted to ride the vent-top (B-event) and I got an UPG… If the problem can be solved, this is really a nice event.

Specialized Roval Climbing Challenge
30/07/2021 19:00 (europe)
zwift power. com / events.php?zid=2204256

Thanks a lot.

Report it to Roval , let them know their event sucks and be sure to mention how it reflects badly on there brand . Firstly Zwift are much more likely to listen to them because they will have the ear of some people who matter , and secondly you might if you push the button correctly get a “reward” for letting them know :smiley:.

Its inconsistent though, as I did the D (Innsbruck event) last Thursday (z=2777844) and I’m not getting a UPG (I’m classified B on ZwiftPower).