I experienced quite a bug today. As I joined today’s Pride On: Social Run event I spawned on the warmup treadmill in midair. I decided to finish my warmup and wait for the actual event to start, believing my avatar would come to her senses and descend to the ground as she took off running. Pictures at the end of the post.
Instead she did a 180 and started running in the sky over May Field and over the ocean! At one point she even rammed right into a cliffside and kept going, until she met a road at a hot springs looking area (sorry, I’m a Zwift newbie and unfamiliar with the map) from which point started to follow the road all the way until 30 minutes when I stopped. The road was in an entirely different direction from the event course. I missed out on all chat, but got a couple of Ride Ons during my time in the sky.
Here are the steps I took to get this bug to happen, in case they’re helpful to someone at ZwiftHQ:
- Launched Zwift on my Android phone (Huawei Honor Play)
- Paired my Zwift Footpod
- Wanted to go running without selecting a route and spawn in the default location (May Field)
- Accidentally misclicked on some rider on the rider list and joined them instead (they were at a desert area)
- Clicked ‘join event’ on the popup as soon as I could after the loading screen
- Spawned on the warmup treadmill at the race start line… in the sky!
The run data otherwise seems like it’s all correct on both Zwift and Strava: (remove spaces)
Pics, as promised:
Snapped back to road: