Sorting order in case of tied results

I have got a question regarding Primes to both the Zwift developers and the Zwiftpower developers. My question is:

1. How does the Zwift application generate a ranking which includes two riders which have the same segment time?
  2. How does Zwiftpower generate a ranking which includes two riders with the same segment time?

For both, I wonder: is there any logic applied (e.g. order of crossing the line? sorted alphabetically by name?) or is it just random when two riders are tied?

The reason I am wondering about how this works is, at least I have found out that at WTRL there seems to be no logic applied at all, as they had “finalized” a result with rider A above B, and then one day later they again “finalized” the same result, but with rider B above A.

Illustrations (Zwift, Zwiftpower, WTRL):

If the times in Zwiftpower are identical, the person with the lowest Zwift ID will be declared the winner.

1 Like

Thank you for this useful information! And any idea how this works in the Zwift application?

I suspect it is the same as they are in the same order.

The hidden benefits of being an early adopter! :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi James, Is this the same for tied race finish times too? My last Cobble Crusher had me tied in Zwift power down to the 2nd decimal place but I got 6th and the other rider got 7th.

Almost certainly the case, yes.

Thanks for the quick reply. Would it be slightly more fair to be based on Zwift ranking?

It would probably be fairer if the position was tied.

3 Likes