When paired via bluetooth, Saris Trainers cannot complete spindown through Zwift/report resistance issues

Yes. You have to make sure you select the ant FC-E option. Depends what dongle you have you may have it or not. Mine did and after a couple 15 minute rides I was able to calibrate. Then did the watopia hilly circuit and was working spot on.

https://www.evanscycles.com/wahoo-ant-usb-with-extension-cord-EV311344?1=-1,esvcrea:315914635612,esvplace:,esvd:t,esvtg:aud-581384345746:pla-333043330270,esvo:EV311344-NA-BLK,esvaid:50080&1=-1&lsft=esvt:58952-GOUKE4273350,esvq:,esvadt:999999-0-1300148-1&esvwa=NISO_GPS%20Accessories_Wahoo_No%20Year_Normal&esvwa=NISO_GPS%20Accessories_Wahoo_No%20Year_Normal&esvwc=UK_Shopping_PR_Accessories_GPS%20Accessories&esvwc=UK_Shopping_PR_Accessories_GPS%20Accessories&esvt=58952-GOUKE4273350&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-1300148-1&esvcrea=315914635612&esvplace=&esvd=t&esvtg=aud-581384345746:pla-333043330270&esvo=EV311344-NA-BLK&esvwm=CPC&esvws=Google&esvwt=&esvaid=50080&gclid=CjwKCAjwzPXlBRAjEiwAj_XTEeP_XirApw3mJLQWXrmPtiin_i_Cv9LNM8VPGS09_9PXCenuyrnKBRoCLY4QAvD_BwE

I just purchased this dongle… :crossed_fingers:t2:. I will let you know if this works with Mac.

Hi Nathan
Excuse my tech ignorance but is the Ant+ easy to set up from Bluetooth to FC-E.

Just plug the dongle into your machine.

Turn off bluetooth

In zwift you will see an ant sensor icon next to the bluetooth one. You will probably see a warning icon on the bluetooth icon because its turned off.

Should detect your sensors as normal.

1 Like

Any ERG updates? No resistance all weekend. No Zwift… was bummed.

Thought i would let you all know that my ERG is working, i have installed the ANT+ running iMac for Zwift and iPad for companion app and all working fine. Im going to test this out on a longer session but all working.

Just +1 that I too no longer having a working ERG mode using Zwift and my Cycleops Hammer. It’s always the same resistance with no feedback-control mechanisms to attempt to get you to the goal watts. I called cycleops and they said that in their experience, it’s always the software. Also, they said that “ERG” mode is not really a mode from Cycleops standpoint. They claim that ERG mode is just an approach to setting resistance where you goal seek on watts. They said the trainer just has one input: resistance. So, if you are riding in-game, resistance varies by incline level. If you are doing a Zwift workout with ERG mode enabled, then Zwift is increasing resistance and decreasing resistance to goal seek toward a given watts. This actually makes sense. Long story short, it’s probably a software issue. Note that although I was not carefully tracking, this bug seems to have shown up with an iOS update, not a Zwift update. That would also be unsurprising since ostensibly Zwift would be testing the basics of the software under the currently shipping OS. But next version of the OS, that’s always harder (need to keep development machines on beta versions of Apple’s SW). Also, even if Zwift was 100% sure of what was causing this and got an update out in 24 hrs, it could be 7-14 day to get it reviewed through the App store, so don’t be surprised if this takes a while to resolve. At least the weather is good in North America right now.

Yes ant+ is working. I’am running zwift on Windows 10 pc with ant+ connection - cycleops h2 trainer - and everything is working perfectly. However on my Apple tv resistance not working. So it must be a Bluetooth problem within zwift.

+1 for ERG problems with a Kickr Snap (1st gen). First ride in a few weeks and Zwift updated software before the ride on my Macbook Air. When I started the ride power was all over the place (using BT power from my Snap). I contacted support with the issue.

I have an Ant+ dongle but didn’t try that. Will test again next time if problem persists.

I did open the Wahoo app on my iPhone and did a firmware update on the Snap. Power seemed a little more consistent, but I didn’t have time to go more than a couple of minutes before I had to stop.

Same trainer and same issue for me VIC. Interested in the fix.

+1 CycleOps Hammer H2 on iPad Pro over BTLE, pairs okay but no control over resistance. Zwift, you broke BTLE support.

It seems to work if you connect with BT via the companion app.

What about iOS? ERG mode still doesn’t work with my Kickr.

I’ve opened a case with Zwift and was informed that this is, in fact, a larger issue with their application as it relates to BTLE Resistance Control. They released an update to the Mac OS application to address it, and other platforms should follow. They did escalate my complaint to Tier 2 Engineering, so with any luck they’ll get a fix rolled into all platforms quickly.

Clearly, someone forgot to eat their Wheaties in the QA department before the big Desert Route roll-out!

1 Like

Back in business! ERG mode during workouts and trainer resistance on climbs are working again this morning. Thank you Zwift!

Still not working elite novo smart and Apple TV and it doesn’t look as if an update has come through

Did you go to the app store to manually check for a update?

@Gerrie_Delport @Matthew_Potter @Lou_Cataland There will be an update made to iOS and Apple TV. It’ll be rolled out in the next few days.

5 Likes

Thanks @Josie.L.