I have some physical issues which mean that fairly gentle cycling and slow walking are the only exercise I can do. Zwift has been fantastic for cycling. My attempts at walking on zwift have been pretty unsuccessful.
I had a milestone pod (branded for a local chain of shoe shops) and tried it with early Android beta of Zwift and also with ZCA on android bridging to Zwift on PC. Either the pod would not pair or my avatar would not move or it would only move sometimes. I gave up. My attempts to use the pod outdoors were not that great either - missed sizable chunks of my interrupted walks.
I was about to give it another ago this southern winter when I realised that I had lost the pod. Is it worth trying a new Zwift pod, or even a tread tracker? Tread tracker is a device that measures movement of a treadmill belt and transmits the speed over BT . I’ve read that the pod has been improved since I last tried.
- What is the minimum speed that zwift run avatar will move at?
- Does the zwift pod reliably work with app on android tablet?
- Does the pod reliably work with zwift on PC, bridged by ZCA on android?
- The tread tracker is not listed as a supported device. Early reviews said it worked well with Zwift but late 2018 there were problems reported. Does it now work reliably with Zwift app on Android tablet or bridged via ZCA on Android to PC?
- If all else fails, would the Viiiiva Heart Rate strap with BT->ANT+ conversion help?
Thanks for any answers to these edge case questions