Silly things that annoy you about Zwift (Keep it light and Fun)

You call it a piece of cake but I call it “I hope I don’t die” :expressionless:

2 Likes

But ya I’ll try that

That 36% incline in Richmond (?), when reaching it during workouts rest mode…

2 Likes

Haha happens to the best of us. :joy::crazy_face:

Why is the water reflection still on the road inside an under water cave where no sun light is coming through, and on the ramps up out of the water when clearly no water is above the tube?

5 Likes

Probably for good looks lol

1 Like

The same reason why the sun can be seen to be shining through the water and tunnels, and then you exit to pouring rain.

5 Likes

Hi Mike,
Zwift did it so that you could mention it on this thread.
PS, Liz is right it does look good.

2 Likes

I knew they were spying on me!

:scream_cat:

1 Like

They knew you were going to say that!

1 Like

:exploding_head:

1 Like

That’s disturbing :sweat_smile::scream:

:crazy_face:

When you ride in real life, see two cyclists approach each other at a junction and expect them to go through each other.

8 Likes

Continuing the real life aspect… When you get dropped real life and thinks “he has probably set his weight to low” :roll_eyes::grin:

BooX

4 Likes

Or maybe that their power meter isn’t correctly calibrated. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I just tell myself they’re only going 30 miles or so, so they can afford to go faster.

In Zwift, that’s when I look at their distance so far, see that they’ve already done 60 miles, and I search for the next excuse (I mean reason, yeah, reason) for why I’m so slow.

2 Likes

Annoying when the drops indicator isn’t 1:1 with reality. I sweat more than that

3 Likes

Sticky draft. Uphill.

6 Likes

The insane speed downhill. I do break when descending in real life.

I love Zwift, and think the designers and engineers have done a fantastic job. But still:

1. Seeing windmills and tulips, with a snow-capped Alpine mountain in the background. I guess that image might exist somewhere in the real world. Just nowhere I can actually think of.

2. Every once in a while, I sorta wish Zwift had a route or world where we had to deal with “real world” problems. Like cars. And dogs that run out. A puncture. It’s not that I actually miss those things when I’m Zwifting. But, ya know…

3. The Avatars are just too good-looking. I know us cyclists are a good-looking bunch, with our chiselled abs and rock-hard quads. But come on, folks.

4. I really thought the UCI had banned riding through active volcanos.

5. Are there poseurs on Zwift? Aren’t we all just a little teeny bit poseurs on Zwift? I think there should be a Poseur Achievement Badge. Looking for suggestions for what the qualifications should be.

Love this topic, many good laughs reading the posts.

4 Likes