Session pauses when phone call comes in - Can't restart it

I’m a new user trying the Android Companion with my Wahoo Kickr.
All goes well until a phone call comes in. (This has happened twice - only calls I’ve had while riding)
The Zwift session appears to go into pause mode (with the resistance staying the same). I can’t get it to restart. It appears to lose track of the “Ergs”. If I keep the app open and end the ride, I can’t get the sensors to re-connect (some sensors show Connected but “NO SIGNAL”.)
When I close the app and restart it, it starts normally and sensors reconnect normally.

Hi Ernie,

This seems like a game bug and it merits further investigation on our part. Can I ask that you please submit a support ticket if you haven’t already done so, and one of our support agents will be happy to take a closer look at this matter. Please provide the information about your specific brand and model of Android.

As a workaround while our team investigates this matter, I recommend that you turn on Airplane Mode, then turn on WiFi and Bluetooth on your Android device while using Zwift Companion. This should prevent your phone from receiving incoming phone calls while you’re riding.

Also, please make sure your Android device is on the most current OS version, and make sure your Zwift Companion app is up to date with the latest available version.