Selling items from your garage

If Zwift insist on bringing out the latest greatest frame and then 2 months after buying decide to nerf them, then they need to add the ability to delete, hide or even sell them.

Also a way to organise you garage to show a limited amount of setups.

5 Likes

I would not need reselling. What should I do with the drops other than filling my garage? But we realy need some kind of possiblity to sort, prioritize or move in a back-garage.

3 Likes

+1 for an ability to Archive.
Stuff that I’m not going to wear/use can be put there as a just in case, whilst tidying up the main selection screens.

3 Likes

Just give us 5 presets 1 to 5, don’t name them for anything specific.
Let each user decide what they are for.
I could do with 3 but I guess 5 would be appreciated by many.

8 Likes

Agreed, would happily support a button that allows you to “Sell/delete” from garage for 50% of the drops credited to my account.

4 Likes

Number of votes is growing fast! Vote it up!

4 Likes

it took me 7500km to get to 35 (230000 xp) where the 808/Super 9s are available. it will require another 5500km to reach lv 42 (340000 xp). I figure it will be a while longer to get the DT Swiss and the ZIPPs would not be a wasted investment.

3 Likes

+1 on this feature request!

2 Likes

So, I’m sure if they enabled selling you wouldn’t be able to get close all your drops back (I mean who pays full price for a used bike), so… I’d still be leery of selling anything for the off chance Zwift un-nerfed something later (TOA gets nerfed->you sell->people complain->Zwift changes it back). So my preference would be they enable an easy way to choose between your 3-5ish favorite bike/wheel combinations (eg. Aero, Generalist, Climber, TT, Gravel, MTB/Other), and then the rest you can dig into if you really wanted to. This way people who are collectors can still get them all without making the day-to-day bike selection any more difficult for them too.

3 Likes

Speaking for myself, I don’t care about getting the drops back. I just want my garage to not look like my IRL garage, i.e. the better part of a Continental Race Team’s shop space…

5 Likes

This behavior of zwift is unbearable. They create frames that are tested by Zwift insiders. If it turns out that these are top and people put them in their garage with heavily earned drops, the frames will be destroyed in the next update. Apparently this is already becoming a habit. A company of this size should be ashamed of such a botch.

2 Likes

I do not think selling is needed. Yes, it’s nice to be able to get drops back, but most people are already happy with an option to just delete frames/ wheels. Me too.

However, perhaps there is a better option? Instead of having your ‘garage’ only, you have a ‘shed’ or something. Where you can move frames / wheels back and forth from which you do not want in your garage.

This would change the dynamics of bike swaps too as a side effect, but is that a bad thing? I don’t really think so.

An added benefit is that it doesn’t punish people for collecting many frames or wheels, but also rewards them. People simply love collecting stuff!

Just look at achievements. If Zwift creates an achievement like ‘Ride the Uber Pretzel 20 times in a week’ with a 1xp reward, some people will still hunt that achievement down.

With something like a shed (or a better name) where you can store your unused frames and wheels, it gives people an incentive to collect more items, instead of punishing them for it as the situation is now.

1 Like

I believe what you’re looking for is a ‘Team Car’. And, really, they should change the name of ‘Garage’ to ‘Service Course’. There’s no way my garage could hold all the stuff I’ve accumulated in Zwift! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, the “Team Car” concept is perfect!

1 Like

Well, I mean hopefully you would get a badge along with the 1xp right?!

1 Like

It‘s a (sporty) game. Should be possible to organize your garage like an avatar/ items in other games. Please!

3 Likes

+1
Do I need to do anything else to up vote on this?

1 Like

If you have already clicked on ‘Vote’ at the head of this thread, which should then become ‘Voted’, then no. We’re at 343 and counting! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s just that I didn’t notice if the count increased by 1 or not. And whenever I click again, I only see everyone else who seems to have voted. No meaningful sorting, so I don’t know if mine counted or not.
Also, there seems to be similar topics on the forum discussing the same feature. Do you reckon Zwift consolidates them?
Thanks

1 Like

If you’re now seeing the word ‘Voted’ (and not ‘Vote’) at the head of the thread, then it’s counted. The number should go up by one when you vote. Counter-intuitively, you have to click on that word and not the boxed number. (I couldn’t find your avatar in the list of those having voted, but maybe there’s some lag.)

I know that the good folks running the Forums have consolidated multiple threads with votes on other subjects in the recent past, but the system software isn’t optimized for that. In one case, many of the votes were lost… Oops. :frowning:
But generally, nowadays, the admins close/merge duplicate theme posts before threads can grow. And in the end, from what I’ve gleaned, the vote numbers aren’t being imported automatically somewhere, but read by human eyes and then (possibly) considered for development plans following internal discussion at Zwift. Sometimes, it takes years (and years) for a popular idea to make it all the way to being adopted in Zwift. And the list of heavily-supported ideas for change is long. But, hey, voting is better than not voting, so it can’t hurt to add one’s voice to the throng.

1 Like