Schwinn IC8 Spin Bike

Gents, thanks for the discussion around this topic. I am not a zwift user but noticed an issue where the distance measured on the console does not correlate with the speed on the console. I contacted support and got the below response. I can only assume that they are aware of known console issues. I registered my warranty just 2 days before their response so make sure you are registered if you can.

Thank you for contacting Nautilus App Support. The issue you are reporting can be resolved by replacing the console. Unfortunately I am not finding a warranty record for you in our system. Can you please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-605-3369, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm Pacific Time? You will need to please provide the agent with a proof of purchase, which is a receipt or invoice from the Retailer you purchased the bike from. With this information we can register your warranty, and ship you a replacement console.

Thanks for posting this. I’ve just registered my bike for its warranty & submitted an email about the power meter’s inflation.

@andykingster guess I’m glad I bought direct, in this case.

Thanks for the info Chris. How did you register your bike at the Schwinn or nautilus website? I can not find a link there … contact us / support mails also receive no response.

I’ve been told to go directly to the company I bought from, and they should replace the console for me. I haven’t had a reply but assume it’s because of the Christmas holidays, but will chase and let you all know what happens early in the new year.

Guess I googled the right thing to find this. https://www.nautilus.com/product-registration.html

1 Like

Googled too with the same result but the link brings me to the default website with no registration option. Sitting here in Germany and bought from amazon.

1 Like

Update: A response email to my inquiry had me call customer care at (800) 605-3369. I did and they not only wouldn’t cop to it being a known issue, but told me to use it without the app to get a reading from the console to compare it to…the app. As there’s no wattage reading on the console and the issue is inflated watts data, I have no idea what they’re even suggesting.

“Contact Zwift or use another app” is what I got after that, so I gave up.

It shouldn’t be advertised on their site as compatible, is what it comes down to.

Gents,
Sorry to hear about that response from customer support. I haven’t called yet as I want to make sure my registration gets through the system but am dreading something like that happening.

As far as who to contact, it seems to depend on your location, in the manual I have it says.

If purchased in US/Canada go to the website to register your product.
If purchased outside US/Canada to register your product contact your local distributor

Regards,
Chris

Chris just thinking more about what they suggested. I think you can do it and come back to them. The console doesn’t have watts which is a measure of power but it does have calories which is a measure of energy. Energy would be calories whereas power would be calories per unit of time.

To do the conversion you can do this.

1. Calculate calories per second. Example, go for say 5 minutes at a consistent rate and take the total calories it says on the console and divide by 300 seconds.
  2. Take the calculated calories per second and multiply by 4.18 as there are 4.18W in a cal/S.
  3. Compare this to zwift reading.
1 Like

Hi there, I have the same problem with my IC8 bike I got for Christmas. Sitting in Germany bought via Amazon. Will also try to get a sollution. Good luck to all of us.

Would love to hear if you get this resolved, I have the American version (IC4) and feel like a schmuck passing people I know have way better fitness than myself. Spending another gazillion dollars on a sensor doesn’t appeal to me, so if Schwinn has a firmware update or Zwift calculates a better curve for this bike (which is nice enough that I imagine it’ll be popular) it’d be wonderful.

1 Like

It’s definitely eerie that you can’t buy the ic4 at Dicks, on Amazon or at Walmart anymore.

I have the IC4 (US version) and am having the same problem. I also mainly got it for it’s low entry cost onto Zwift and I didn’t have to dedicate a bike to a trainer for the winter plus my wife who is a foot shorter than me can quickly adjust the size use it too. I am super bummed it doesn’t seem to be accurate. I’m cruising past people hardly breaking a sweat at 3 w/kg and I know I’m not there physically. I’ll try the warranty route that is suggested above and let you know. If a new console could fix it that would be great.

The only other solution I’ve found is power meter pedals but they run about $600 and I’d rather not take that plunge if I don’t have to.

Hi everyone,

I also bought a Schwinn IC8. I did my first race yesterday and averaged 4.47w/kg for 39 minutes. My avg heartrate was 161bpm. Max at 186bpm. I worked really hard during that ride.
I really want to find a way to test my results on a smarttrainer or outside but currently don’t own a powermeter.

During zwifting i never have the feeling i have to work less hard than others around me.

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Schwinn IC8 and on the sellers product page it says that it’s a 2020 model. Not sure what is the difference from the 2019. Maybe updated software?

UPDATE
So I received a new console in the post today. I spent 5 minutes testing it and I’m not sure it fixes the problem. I’ll do a proper hour on it later and see what kind of watts I’m outputting. I’m not hopeful however…

I’m having one delivered tomorrow and have literally only just stumbled upon this thread… not sure what to do… :grimacing:

That would be great to know as I am in the same situation with mine and have not been able to get a response from Schwinn/Nautilus.

Also would like to know. TY