Schwinn IC8 Spin Bike

I think you guys are going to need an actual power meter to compare results.

1 Like

Today I also received the new console: the data on the display is still way off, but at Zwift it works!

Watts and speed are realistic now: easy, relaxed cycling is now 25 kmph instead of 41.

So concerning Zwift, the problem seems to be solved. Now I hope Zwift will recognize the IC8 as a compatible bike.

Will take me a little longer to get the Tronbike now, LOL😁

That is good news @Edwin_de_Groen

I assume you are referring to Zwiftpower . I would think Zwift power will have to wait until every user on a IC8 upgraded to the the unit and there are sufficient power meter comparisons to prove it is accurate.

1 Like

eyyy!! Sounds great! I did a race today and it seems to work, but now zwiftpower says that I have to race on a higher category! I asked to delete my power profile till my last ramp test with the new console…lets se…

I think there will be zero chance that these spin bikes will turn out to accurate over time even with a new console. Maybe someone will actually take the time to test it thoroughly though.

Yes, they surely have to be convinced by great numbers of improvement.

But at this point, hopefully, no more DQ after racing😊

1 Like

Oh…off course…my 394 FTP also has to be deleted or I will have the same problem.

Thanks for the tip​:blush::raising_hand_man:t3:

Yes…but as well as many other wheels that are mistmatched in zwift too…little by little this technology will improve I suppose…

Or people can just buy products that use real power meters that are independently tested in order to race.

Well, people can buy what they freely want in order to their needs, interests and money.
But if they buy a product that says “compatible with zwift”, that’s what you are buying…so If they solve their issue and now the power output is AS realiable AS other products that many people are using on the game…it’s ok for me. Because not everybody is using official smart trainers.

1 Like

What do you mean the data on the console is still way off? Calories? Are watts and speed showing accurate in the display and match Zwift?

Also do you have the same QC8 on the new console like Pedro?

What do you mean with QC8? Behind the console it says QC3 in my new console, the old said QC8

The data (speed en thus also calories and distance) on the display are as incorrect as the previous display. But on Zwift, the data is totally different and realistic. I think they only fixed the Zwift part of the software.

For me, that is not an issue, since I only ride with Zwift and not with the display.

My old display says ‘QC5’ and the new one ‘QC3’. I assume ‘QC’ = Quality Check and the number a certain person/factoryline…?

A dumb trainer is compatible with Zwift too, it doesn’t mean that you will get good data or be able to race against anyone legitimately. And it is fine if this is the device that you like, it is just not a good idea or very nice to suggest to anyone else who are unfamiliar with such things, that it is on par with real smart trainers or power meters that have accurate data. This spin bike costs a lot of money and from my point of view it is a real shame that people looking for a good training experience could be suckered into buying one based on erroneous information. Bring on the independent tests for the new console that doesn’t seem to actually replace the device that sets the power in the first place.

2 Likes

ah ok thought 8 was higher thus newer…so qc3 is new console ID

So I’ve been following this forum as I am thinking about buying the IC4 / C6.

Anyone using peloton app? i know peloton doesnt take power thus no leaderboard …how well will this bike work with Peloton app? I’d like a bike that works “well enough” with Peloton and Zwift. I’ve seen you can connect to both at the same time e.g. have Peloton on a tablet above the console and also Airplay out to a TV for Zwift.

Well, legitimately…it’s far from zwift right now using a smart trariner or not. The thing is that if the issue is solved, there’s nothing more to say. I’ve read more people on facebook comparing the new console with power pedals and the thing seems to be fixed so… let’s ride!!! Have fun and see on you the road!

3 Likes

The chances that the issue is solved is zero. No one should buy this thing if they intend to use it for data driven training or racing. If anyone reading this thread wants to throw their money in the garbage by buying this thing or its siblings, I will gladly take their hard earned money off their hands as an alternative. I actually feel bad for those who already bought one.

4 Likes

Well, I don’t think that anybody buys a spin bike for getting data to be a professional biker…and this thread is not about calling people to buy this bike as the best option to train on zwift.
It’s just a spin bike that can be used in several apps (or not) to do exercise, and that had an issue on the power output on zwift (app to have fun riding, not an app only for professionals) that has been solved (in some cases) or they are working on it.
Have you got any information or experience so you know that the issue is not solved and never will be? I’m not an expert or technician from nautilus but maybe you are.

2 Likes

Hi All, After having IC8 for 5 months now, I am returning it tomorrow for full credit of purchase price. I was waiting for the technical issues to be resolved with no joy.

1 Like