Schwinn Classic Cruiser

Hello,

I noticed a small number of posts referencing this bike. The only concern I have is the resistance level, is this similar to a spin bike and would it be suitable for around 45mins just to keep fit?

Thanks.

@Matt_McNeil , @Thomas_Nuthmann , @CB_RBR ,

Hi there,

I’m not quite sure what you mean. The Schwinn Classic Cruiser has 7 gears. That is similar to a normal bike with 7 gears. I never use gear 1, because it is to easy. I barely use gear 2, only for warm up and cool down. For my normal riding I use gears 3 to 5. Gear 6 and 7 are for special efforts like sprints. The maximum output in gear 7 is 762 watts. This is what an average rider may sustain for 10 to 20 seconds or so.

Even an unexperienced and unfit rider will be able to ride in gears 1 and 2 and probably even 3 for a long time.

Thomas

1 Like

Thanks for the information. Where did you find the data about the maximum output in each gear?

I did not find any data anywhere. I experienced that I was not able to ride more than 762 watts in sprints even if I was able to ride with higher cadence, so I wrote to Schwinn customer support and asked. They confirmed that the max output is 762 watts. In lower gears, I suppose that the max output is de facto limited by cadence.

Tom

I picked up the bike, but I find the resistance level quite low unless I am in gear 7. Do you experience the same?