Saudi Arabia Flag 🇸🇦 [SOLVED]

Hi Zwift :wave:t3:

hopefully one day Saudi Arabia :saudi_arabia: Flag will be added into your platform so people can know about my country :wink:

True, Zwift has been promising Saudi Arabia Zwwifters from 2018 to put the flag, I don’t know why it is taking that long?:frowning:

17 Likes

Hi waleed We hope that the program will be updated and the Saudi flag added soon

20 Likes

I’ve been asking since 2017

https://forums.zwift.com/t/flag-does-not-appear-as-chosen/3096

17 Likes

Hello Zwit

It would be the only reason not to continue using Zwift and switch to other app.

It would be great if flag of Saudi Arabia is added to the app in order to continue surfing in the app all the times.

Regards,

13 Likes

While I understand that you want to be able to broadcast your nationality, it seems a bit much for it to be a reason to stop using Zwift entirely.

Personally, I’d like the Guyanese flag.

No idea why Zwift don’t just add all the flags. It seems so simple a thing to do, especially as electronic artwork for them all is already available free on the Internet.

10 Likes

Keep it simple Zwift! We are not asking for much… it’s a flag which will not take time to develop.

Show Saudi Zwifters how much you care!

11 Likes

True, Zwift has been promising Saudi Arabia Zwwifters from 2018 to put the flag, I don’t know why it is taking that long?:frowning:

12 Likes

Hi Zwift
you must respect your customers to add the Saudi flag, they are many Saudi using Zwift, and if you do not add our flag that meaning either not care or not respect. we need to make this order before moving to other App

thank you

11 Likes

Since 2017, I started my subscription to the Zwift program, and I am waiting to see the flag of my country, Saudi Arabia. Why is the flag status ignored ?? Is it racist ? My country is big on the world map, so many cycling here
Surprised when seeing the flag of a small country but Saudi Arabia Sorry, there is no flag for your country
Shame on you zwift support :-1:

7 Likes

Dear Zwift,
Could you please add the Saudi flag :saudi_arabia:. It is necessary for identity. I’m very disappointed to see other countries flags, but not Saudi Arabia. We are looking forward for your quick cooperation with this matter. #ZwiftSaudiFlag

8 Likes

Of all the reasons it might be, I very much doubt that’s one of them. There are plenty of countries not represented. Although it’s fair to say many of them are African, South American, Asian and Middle Eastern, plenty of them aren’t.

Here’s an example (incomplete) list from a quick scan of the in-game dialog:

Bangladesh
Benin
Botswana
Burkina Faso
Burindi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo
Cote d’Ivoire
Dominica
Equitorial Guinea
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji
French Guiana
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Ghana
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guinea
Guyana
Haiti
Iraq
Kiribati
Korea (North)
Kyrgyzstan
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Malawi
Maldives
Mali
Martinique
Mauritania
Micronesia
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Montserrat
Mozambique
Myanmar
Niger
Nigeria
Oman
Palestine
Reunion
Rwanda
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent
Samoa
San Marino
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Somalia
South Georgia
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Surinam
Swaziland
Syria
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Togo
Tonga
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda
Uzbekistan
Western Sahara
Yemen
Zambia

None of those have flags in game. There doesn’t seem to be any obvious criteria that cover the places that do have flags in game and those that don’t, especially given the size of the populations; but I guess there could have been some analysis on where most customers would come from.

8 Likes

You can type $ but not £ in the game, which is an absolute disgrace if you ask me (which nobody did).

3 Likes

That’s currencist

6 Likes

Well, if you been waiting since 2017, i can’t well just forget it. I am from Oman and been on Zwift since Feb-2020 ONLY. i was somehow disappointed no seeing my country flag in the game while it’s there on the companion App and the computer profile. If it was free, maybe it wouldn’t bother me much, but i pay a subscription and get less then what other get for the same price. Also it’s a one time set up, Name and corresponding flag, why would you wait for Zwifer for that particular country to come request it. It’s not like country change flags every year. Get all the flags and countries and it’s a problem out of the way.

8 Likes

Hi , Zwift Staff I am proud to be a member of zwift Community, I would like to see my country Saudi Arabia Flag please. thanks guys

7 Likes

Regardless of what the reason might be, it feels pitiful looking for a well-known nation but not being able to find it. Taking in mind that the flag represents not only the country but also its culture, nationality, freedom, recognition and identity.
This goes the same for the other countries you have listed, all our respect to them, they too have the right to see their country’s flag and appeal for the same.

10 Likes

Is it possible to dislike for the bad sense of humor?

5 Likes

I don’t disagree at all. I’m just saying it’s probably not racism.

1 Like

You’ll have to put a feature request in for a dislike. It’s currently not an option.

In all seriousness though, I’m Not sure how feature requests get on zwift’s radar. If people stopped demanding new bikes, routes, worlds, climbs, avatar hair styles, jerseys, badges, challenges, missions, user interfaces, operating system support, training plan flexibilities, group rides, tours, calendar functions, bug fixes, personal record tracking, strava segment replacements, third party fitness tracker compatibility, antisandbagging measures and trainer support then maybe zwift could add the rest of the flags in.

But maybe you all should just email zwift at the same time and request all the flags be put in game, maybe then someone will hear your suggestion (in a few weeks time anyway).

4 Likes