Samsung Tab A incompatible [SOLVED]

OH cmon lets make zwift available for Galaxy Tab A please :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

2 Likes

Another victim. Purchased tab A just for zwift because I have a Amazon fire tablet. I was able to return it to Best buy and purchased a Apple iPad.

My Google pixel 2 does download zwift but it won’t connect to my Bowflex C6. Screen is too small anyway.

Damn it! Yet another user with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) WiFi (SM-T510, gta3xlwifixx) purchased specifically for use with Zwift that will be good for nothing since Zwift developers don’t care (or aren’t capable enough) for building and packaging appropriately for modern and popular Android hardware.

VERY annoying

TBH, I have alerted recently that Tab A does not work with Zwift. Chances are some users did not check out the forum prior to buying one with high hopes… vaporised.

Is there a specific reason why the SM-T510 (2019 model) isn’t supported?

Specs:
|OS |Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI|
|Chipset |Exynos 7904 (14 nm)|
|CPU |Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|GPU |Mali-G71 MP2|

The question is as old as Tab A is, sorry.
I believe it has not the required arm64-v8a ABI.

Edit - please read

This is the 2019 model. Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53). It is arm64-v8a compatible.

Edit: I read the FAQ. It looks like Zwift is not aware of the 2019 model. It is has the hardware to run the app including native ANT+ support.

It is not about compatibility, it is about processor architecture…

Both the ARM Cortex A-73 & A-53 are Armv8-A 64 bit processors.

I am not the expert, but could this be a similar case:
Hi all,
so here’s the thing: I bought an SM-T510 (3gb Ram/64gb internal storage variant) to play Teamfight Tactics on.
Unfortunately, TFT not only requires a 64-bit processor, but a 64-bit rom as well, so I’m out of luck

Found here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a/help/request-build-64bit-rom-sm-t510-t4072647

Plus 1 for tab a P585

I’m not convinced it is this, my iphone 6s cannot be more graphically capable than a brand new Galaxy Tab A yet it is available for this device

Hi @Grant_Taylor

the fact that the Tab A is new does not mean it has the latest components, they save money by using lower spec components.

See this comparison.

this is the important part. the Gpu drive the graphics.

2 Likes

When will we see Zwift being available on the Tab A. This appears to be a big issue that needs addressing to increase the client base using zwift.

Probably never - see Gerrie’s posting, just before yours.

It still seems that Zwift should be able to run (if not as clear) on the Tab A. I bought the tablet a while back for other reasons and it works really well. I have simply just changed to other bike apps which all seem to have no issues running on the Tab A. I guess Zwift will just lose out on my payments and those from lots of other Tab A owners.

Why would you think that Zwift is blocking the use of the TAB A when the goal is to get as many people on the platform as possible. If they could make Zwift run on a Nokia 6210 thy would, but unfortunately there are some processor limitations.

I also bought Samsung Galaxy Tab to use with Zwift. What a shame it doesn’t work! The quality of the App/game is so low that it should work on any device.

Gawd its already 2021 and the Samsung Tab A issue simply won’t rest up. Its confirmed that Zwift won’t support the device and no matter how much our community feedback, whine and complain about that fact…

Which infact forced mw to buy a Tab S3 instead…

My Samsung Tab A arrived today, bought specifically to use with Zwift. I have been able to download the Zwift app and the Zwift Companion App both with no problems. My new smartbike hasn’t arrived yet so I suppose I will not be able to test it properly until it does but so far, no problem.
I hope this is helpful