Samsung Tab A incompatible?

Once more, Samsung Tab A does not work with Zwift.

1 Like

The same problem for me, i’ll look for another App, what a pity!

Ahhh damn, same here. Just bought a tab A specifically for zwift:(

I have a Tablet Samsung Galaxy T510, Incompatible with the app.

Will there be any updates in the future for this device?

Thanks!

If it count I will cancel my Zwift too after the 30 days period because of it. Very disappointing.

I got the Tab A mainly for Zwift too. My 5 year old budget Android Phone supports Zwift, but a 2019 mid range tablet does not? That feels like a bad joke, especially since the only requirement I found was Android 7 or higher…
Really don’t understand, why you guys don’t find a way to support it or at least inform the customer that some tablets might not work…

Hi @Tim_DD

The fact that the Tab-A is newer does not mean it is better than the 5 year old phone.

See the list of supported devices

Thanks for the url Gerrie, I got all my information from this page:
https://support.zwift.com/en/supported-devices-to-run-zwift-H1Cj9QbeB#Smartpho

Maybe it would help to link to the forum thread from the “supported device” page.

1 Like

Very poor form - to be honest- Giving so broad a compatibility and then giving out a list of 30 items possible- Disgusted my Tab A is not possible. Thought it was my tab setting not allowing me find the zwift software. Play store will not allow download. Crazy.

https://support.zwift.com/en/supported-devices-to-run-zwift-H1Cj9QbeB#Smartpho

It’s nothing to do with the processing or graphics capability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A that it doesn’t run Zwift. It runs all other software of this type fine including Rouvy which requires just as much capability in these respects. There must be something Zwift are doing with their own software that removes the possibility of the Tab A running Zwift. If you go to Playstore it doesn’t even list Zwift. It lists Zwift Companion with a warning but I’ve found it to run Companion with no problems so I run Zwift on my Samsung S10 & Companion on my Tab A. Incidentally, Zwift runs fine on my older phone, the Samsung S7 so it’s strange that they’ve updated Zwift in a manner that prevents it running on the Tab A. Personally I feel that Zwift could unlock the software to allow the Tab A run Zwift if the desire was there, and others have pointed out that it used to run Zwift not too long ago.

OH cmon lets make zwift available for Galaxy Tab A please :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

Another victim. Purchased tab A just for zwift because I have a Amazon fire tablet. I was able to return it to Best buy and purchased a Apple iPad.

My Google pixel 2 does download zwift but it won’t connect to my Bowflex C6. Screen is too small anyway.

Damn it! Yet another user with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) WiFi (SM-T510, gta3xlwifixx) purchased specifically for use with Zwift that will be good for nothing since Zwift developers don’t care (or aren’t capable enough) for building and packaging appropriately for modern and popular Android hardware.

VERY annoying

TBH, I have alerted recently that Tab A does not work with Zwift. Chances are some users did not check out the forum prior to buying one with high hopes… vaporised.

Is there a specific reason why the SM-T510 (2019 model) isn’t supported?

Specs:
|OS |Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI|
|Chipset |Exynos 7904 (14 nm)|
|CPU |Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|GPU |Mali-G71 MP2|

The question is as old as Tab A is, sorry.
I believe it has not the required arm64-v8a ABI.

Edit - please read

This is the 2019 model. Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53). It is arm64-v8a compatible.

Edit: I read the FAQ. It looks like Zwift is not aware of the 2019 model. It is has the hardware to run the app including native ANT+ support.

It is not about compatibility, it is about processor architecture…

Both the ARM Cortex A-73 & A-53 are Armv8-A 64 bit processors.

I am not the expert, but could this be a similar case:
Hi all,
so here’s the thing: I bought an SM-T510 (3gb Ram/64gb internal storage variant) to play Teamfight Tactics on.
Unfortunately, TFT not only requires a 64-bit processor, but a 64-bit rom as well, so I’m out of luck

Found here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a/help/request-build-64bit-rom-sm-t510-t4072647