Samsung Tab A incompatible [SOLVED]

G’day All. Recently got the Samsung Tab A (SM-T590) and have found that it’s incompatible with zwift. Just curious as to why and if that’s likely to change at all?

Cheers

5 Likes

I’m sorry but the Samsung Tab A doesn’t meet the system requirements for Zwift, as Zwift is a graphically intensive program. We don’t have any information at this time as to whether or not it’ll be supported in the future.

Check out this forum post to stay up to date on our Android Supported Devices! :slight_smile:

Ride On.

1 Like

Still no plans for making Zwift compatible with the Samsung Tab A?

The reply feom Zwift is not correct!
I bought my Samsung Tab A last year plus a handlebar mouting device and there was a Zwift app download that worked perfectly last winter.
So they must have taken the Tab A off the list in spring 2019. So the reason the Tab A is not powerful enough is false. Personally I believe as with Strava and Garmin that there is a commercial agreement to try to get us to upgrade! This has come as a shock to me and many of the Zwift advisors who did not know that the Tab A had come off the list in 2019
I would lile Zwift to provide honest responses to our questions and not try to pull the wool over our eyes. And the advice telling me to use my iphone or macair on the bike …sorry not practical. Tacx however works on Tab A so tough luck Zwift

4 Likes

Sorry Laurent the Tab A 2018 worked with the app up until at least Feb 2019.why the change?

1 Like

Still no plans to include the Samsung Tab A?
I am pretty sure the tablet had the capacity to run Zwift!!!

3 Likes

I’m not happy as I bought the TAB A on the weekend for the sole purpose of using Zwift as my mobile phone was way too small. NOT HAPPY!

14 Likes

I have also purchased a Galaxy Tab A (2019). I made the mistake of thinking as it had a higher spec than some other tablets listed as compatible ie the Huawei MediaPad M3/Lite it would work.

Apparently not. I contacted support and they said they had sent this to HQ for review. A time scale couldnt be provided.

They also suggested “The forums are a great place to get more community support for an idea and attention from the dev team. The more attention an idea gets, the more likely it’ll get implemented into Zwift. You may find many members have the same thoughts and ideas as you!
I would also like to inform you that if it doesn’t appear in the play store then the device is not supported.”

So here is my forum post.

Does anyone know why the app cant be made available for download regardless of device

4 Likes

Previously been to 2 john lewis stores and 3 visits to PC world and all said no issues with zwifts. So yesterday bought Samsung tab a from John Lewis got home and tried to download zwift and well the rest history. Samsung rep in store also said no issue. :disappointed_relieved::sleepy:

3 Likes

I’m in the same situation that others buyers of TAB A just for doing Zwitz. Is it possible solve, please?

3 Likes

Just bought a Tab A today the main reason is for Zwift.
I thought it was compatible as its android 9.0 and zwift supported android’s list says android 6.0 or higher :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I’m using zwift since one month. Unfortunately zwift doesn’t work with my Tab A. I hope zwift will help us soon…

2 Likes

Another vote for the Samsung Galaxy A tablet. It has considerably better specs compared to the MediaPad T3/T3 lite tables, and should be able to run the game quite comfortably.

3 Likes

Just bought a Tab A to run Zwift to find i can’t even download it, Please Zwift turn it back on or I’ve just wasted £200

8 Likes

Ok, here is another unlucky guy with Samsung Galaxy Tab A8.0 2019
The funny part is that I also have OnePlus 3T which is on recommended list and hardly is more powerfull than the Galaxy Tab 8 -_-

I really hope they will find some solution to this issue… I’ll refrain from buying a subscription till then.

2 Likes

Hi Zwift
Just as many others I bought the tab A 2019 with Android 9.0 for zwifting. Do not understand why this is not supported. My Xiaomi redmi note 7 works and that is not listed as far as I can read
Please take it into consideration to support this
Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone tried to install the zwift app from apkmirror.com on the Samsung TAB A and how did it go? does it work or did it come with complications. My thoughts are that it is just an apk from a “third party” and does not harm the tablet only issue might be that Zwift still does not work and then the app can be removed as any other app installed from Google Play or third party?
Do not try if you are not sure of the outcome as I do not know how the tablet will react and to avoid any damage on the tablet. Does the Zwift team have any comments?
Thanks

I’ve already tried that and some other approaches. The install fails. It seems that the app checks something (perhaps device model) and then fails if the device is either blacklisted or not on a whitelist. I haven’t investigated further.

Incredibly frustrating.

1 Like

Ok thanks.
I have unsubscribed from Zwift and will start using Bkool. That seems to work om my tablet.

Regards

Johnny

2 Likes

C’est un scandale que Zwift ne fonctionne pas sur Galaxy Tab A ! Je vais interrompre mon abonnement

6 Likes